Traitor

We stare at The Organization. Memories I've been trying to block out flood back. Playing video games in the rec room, basketball tournaments, trips to the nurse's office, sneaking out to The House...

"How should we get in?" Kai asks.

"Before we discuss that...If I die, I want to be buried somewhere in this forest. On a hill or something," Alice says.

"You're not going to die," I say, suddenly angry.

Alice gives me a sad smile. "Of course."

"If I die, leave me in the building. I don't want be dragged out dead," Kai says.

"Bury me," I whisper. I don't like the idea of any of us dying.

"You can leave me or bury me. Whatever's easier," Brenna says.

"Lucy?" Alice asks Lucy, "What do you want to happen to you?"

"Leave me," Lucy whispers, her voice barely audible.   

"Okay, how are we getting into The Organization?" Kai asks.

"Break a window," I suggest, still a little upset about talking about death.

"Yes! That sound fun," Kai says.

Alice rolls her eyes. "Do you remember where the weaponry room is?" Alice asks me.

I nod. "Third floor, next to the stairwell."

"Where are you going to take the assassins?" Alice asks Kai.

"In the forest. I don't think there'll be a designated meeting place, we'd be sitting ducks." Kai glances at Lucy, as if to see what she thinks.

Lucy nods at Kai, then looks at The Organization.

"Okay, let's go," Alice says.

We run over to a window. The window has been painted black, but I think it's the poison classroom.

I take my dagger and ram it's handle into the upper left corner of the window. After hitting the window a few times, it starts to crack. I look over my shoulder. Alice's fingers tighten on her gun. 

I keep ramming the dagger handle into the window until it shatters.

The room turns out to be the class on using household objects to defend yourself.

I grab a blanket off the table sitting in front of the window. I fold the blanket, then throw it over the bottom of the window, covering the glass shards.

I climb in carefully. I offer my hand to Alice as she climbs in. She doesn't take it, but she smiles at me and rolls her eyes, as if to say I don't need help,\. nice try, dork. 

Once everyone is in, I look around the classroom. It's empty; which makes sense because everyone is asleep.

Kai walks over to the teacher's desk and opens a drawer. He grabs a gun out of the drawer and checks the bullets before handing it to me.

"How'd you know that was there?" I ask.

"Every teacher desk has one," Kai says.

I walk over the Brenna, who looks uncomfortable. "Do you know how to use a gun?" I ask.

"How hard can it be?" Brenna asks, shrugging and taking the gun.

"Ready to go?" Alice asks Brenna and I.

"Yeah," Brenna says, taking a deep breath.

Everyone walks over to the closed classroom door. Kai puts his hand on the door handle. He looks at me and grins. "See you soon, man."