Armed robberies and musty motels

We sat in the forest, shivering. We had two pistols, a box of ammo, a dagger, a pocketknife, 5 grenades, and a bottle of arsenic. We were being chased by the cops and an organization that wants us dead. We have no where to go, and no one to help us.

What could possibly go wrong?

"What should we do?" Alice asked.

"Get away from here," Kai mutters.

"Where?" Alice asks, bitterness seeping into her voice.

"I've always wanted to go to San Francisco," Brenna suggests.

"Let's go there, then," Alice spits out, looking away.

"What about shutting down The Organization?" I ask.

Alice groans and puts her head in her hands. "You figure it out," She mutters.

Part of me wants to move to sit on the ground next to Alice and comfort her. However, I can't bring myself to leave the log I'm sitting on.

"Why are we shutting down The Organization?" Brenna asks me.

"They want to take over," I snapped. Alice's bad mood was putting me in a bad mood, too.

"How do you want to do this? Shutting down a powerful organization that trains assassins? Doesn't exactly sound like a walk in the park," Kai says.

Kai's right. I have absolutely no idea how we're going to stop them.

"Blow the place up?"  I suggest.

"Yeah, 'cause we can totally blow up The Organization with five grenades," Kai says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Do you have any ideas?" I was really getting sick of Kai's smart-ass attitude. 

"We get the assassins on our side," Lucy says, her voice barely audible.

 I look over at Lucy. She's not looking at us; she's not looking at anything, really. Her eyes are unfocused, he face expressionless. 

"That might work," Kai mutters, more to himself than to us.

"How will we get the message to the assassins?" I ask.

"The House?" Kai suggests.

"That was busted, remember?"

"Oh, yeah."

"What about finding someone who's on a mission and telling them to spread the word?" Alice says. Her head is resting on her knees, her arms warped around her calves.

"How would we find someone on a mission?" Kai asks.

"I'm working on it?" Alice grumbles.

"Not to interrupt, but can getting new clothes be part of the plan? And food, too," Brenna says, shivering.

As if on cue, my stomach grumbles. I didn't realize how hungry I was until Brenna brought up food. 

"Lets go get food, clothes, and find a place to stay. We'll figure out the rest from there," I say.

Brenna stands up and stretches her legs. She looks around at the rest of us, who are still sitting on the floor. "Are we going or not?"

I force myself to stand up. My legs feel stiff and my clothes are wet. I feel gross.

"Let's go," Brenna says. She starts walking deeper into the forest.

I trail behind Brenna. After a few steps, I glance over my shoulder. Kai and Alice are standing up. Lucy is looking at us with something in her eyes that I can't quite place.