Chapter 5 - I love you

This chapter is dedicated to Teefabulous

"Arghhhhh", I groaned, frustrated at my stupid lousy alarm.

Must this fucked up shit always have to disrupt my beauty sleep.!

I turned towards the bed side stool to switch off the crazy alarm, that was when I realized it wasn't the alarm but my stupid phone.

No! My phone isn't stupid, not at all. But for this case, it is.

The silly phone went blank for a second and came up again. I looked at it and appeared on the screen was Mic.

"Hello," my sleepy voice said.

"Hey! Are you still sleeping, lazy bones? Come open your door, I have been ringing this damn bell for half an hour." He spat in a rush before hanging up.

What the fuck? Mic? At my house? At my door step? Seriously? Who the heck is he kidding?

I laid back on my bed for what seemed like a year but literally, was only for a second only to be disturbed by the door bell.

Holy shit! And he's really serious about being here!...

I jumped out of bed, quickly put on my pink and white robe and left for the door. "Seriously micheal?" I groaned as I flunged the door opened, giving him the access into the house.

"Is this how you tend to spend your one week Christmas holiday?" He asked setting down the decorations on the floor beside the large Christmas tree.

Yeah! It's Xmas period and it's a day after tomorrow  and truth be told, I have no plans on how I'm gonna spend it. Since I turned twenty, I've always celebrated the Xmas with my cousin and my ex, Harry. This particular season, I have no idea how to go about it.

And for those who are wondering where my parents are, yeah! I hardly talk about them but trust me when I say my mom practically disturbs me every week. Well, they are both out of the country for what seem like their hundredth honeymoon.

"Hey," Mic snapped me out of my thoughts. "You were lost in your thoughts again. So what's this one about?" He raised his eye brows.

"No, wait," he used his hand to stop me when I was about to speak. "You're thinking about how cool and cute I am right?" He smirked.

"You wish!" I chuckled. "It's nothing really. So what's brings you to my  beautiful home this early morning?"

He gave me that 'are you kidding' look before he helped himself with a seat, "it's past ten and you call it early morning? Wow! You indeed tend on sleeping out the holidays."

That was when it dawned on me that I have been sleeping for more than twelve hours, more like eternity. "When did you go to bed?" He asked shaking his head.

"I think past eight or so. I guess work has been really stressful this past few weeks," I said, taking the seat next to him..

"That explains the reason you want to sleep away the holidays right?" He smirked, his eyes piercing through me.

"You still haven't told me what brought you here without being invited," I said. "And why are you staring at me like a lion ready to devour his prey?"

"I love you," he said, more like a whisper but I heard him.

"Did you say something?" I asked. Did he just say he loves me. No! No way! I probably didn't hear him correctly.

"I love you Mel," he repeated it again, louder this time. "I sound stupid but I love you. I love the way you tease me, the way you get mad, the way you laugh. I love you with or without make-up. I love everything about you, how you take your job seriously and work with your heart, I love you Imelda, I love you Mel and I can't help myself anymore because all I want to do is kiss your attractive lips."

I guess I was damn too slow to process all he said or realize what was going on. Suddenly, I felt something soft on my lips. He kissed me! Micheal kissed me! I'm I dreaming. Please, if it's a dream I don't want to wake up.

It took me seconds to return the kiss. It sent shivers down my spine. It was....amazing. Something made it different from all the kisses I had with my ex. It was the type of kiss sending a message to me.

He pulled back and whispered, "you don't have to say anything Mel. I totally understand if I took you by surprise or if you don't feel the same way but I'm willing to wait till you come around."

Huh? Is he kidding me? I love him as much as he does. please lord, I don't want to wake up if this is a dream.

"I love you, Mel," he said, pulling me into a warm hug. A protective hug that says I'm with you no matter what happens.

I love you too Mic. Only if you knew I loved you first. I said within me.

Hey, don't blame me if I'm acting like a teen who has just been asked out by her long time crush. I can be a child when the time arises.

*

*

*

The rest of the day went quite pleasant with Mic. At first, it felt awkward after he confessed his feelings but he told to be free.

After dancing our hearts out, I couldn't hold the feelings in me any longer so I blew it out. "I love you too Mic."

"Huh?" He looked confused.

"I just said I love you too, silly."

'You really do?" He asked again, surprised at what his ears heard.

"If you keep acting this way, I will have no choice but to take it back," I frowned.

He carried me in my bridal style and spinned me like a disney fairy princess.  "I love you Mel," he said dropping me.

"I love you too Mic. I have always loved you," and with that he claimed my lips as we fought for dominance.

*

*

*

For those wandering how old Michael is... Well, he's just 25yrs old😉😉