Chapter 42 *Goodbye*

A YEAR LATER!

Stacey's POV.

It's been a year but yet it feels like yesterday when Tory was born. Everyone got everything ready for my nephew's birthday party. I know I should be happy at moments like these but these moments are the ones that make me miss Liam the most. Lexie and my brother Zayn make the perfect couple along with their only son, Tory Collins who never misses a chance to make anyone forget their pain and be happy. He is so cute and naughty. Tory is the reason why Lexie and Zayn got engaged, and the reason why they forgave each other.

"I hope you thinking about me." Simon hugged me from behind. 

"I was actually thinking about Tory." I answered, honestly. Simon and I started dating six months ago but I never ones told him about Angel being my daughter. I first thought we wouldn't last that's why I didn't tell him who Angel really is but now I regret lying. Simon is the perfect guy for any girl. He is amazing, sweet, and prince charming but he isn't Liam. I tried to forget him, but the more time I spend with Simon, the more I start missing Liam. Sometimes, I wonder how it would feel if Liam was this loving.

"You just can never lie to me, can you?" He pulled my cheek. "I love you Stacey."

"Angel was asking for you." Britney said, interrupting us. "Keep my daughter while I go change Connor's clothes." She quickly left and Simon looked at me confused.

"I have been thinking for a while...I know I just met Angel and Connor a few weeks ago but seriously how can someone give birth to two babies that are a few weeks apart." Simon asked.

"They adopted Angel because they wanted a daughter." I answered. "Now that I think about adoption, I think it would be a good idea if we could adopt kids, one day." 

"Stacey, we just started dating. I think after maybe a couple of years we can think about it but for now, let's forget it." He kissed Angel on the head. "I'll set the tables before the birthday boy get's here." He left and I quickly sat down with Angel.

"My Angel, mommy loves you." I kissed her and started tickling her. "I promise to look after you and that is what I'll keep doing. I'm sorry, I lie to people saying you not my baby." I tickled her more. I know it was Calum's idea to keep this secret from Simon and everyone else that I befriend but I feel bad. I wish Simon wasn't as sweet as he is.

"Stacey they are here, so get the camera." Calum shouted and I quickly got the camera ready. "Welcome back to New York and happy birthday to Tory." Calum hugged Lexie and I started the video. 

"I missed you." Lexie hugged me and Angel. "You should've seen Tory in Los Angeles, he went crazy." Lexie said, taking Angel from me. "So is my niece getting a stepfather?" She whispered.

"No." I snapped. "Simon still doesn't know." 

"So you still didn't find out if he likes kids?" She asked and I nod my head. "Well, let him keep Angel today so we can see if he is a good father."

"What are my favorite girls gossiping about." Zayn interrupted us and I hugged him.

"I miss you so much." I took Tory from him. "How's my nephew on his first birthday?"

"He needs cake." Zayn answered and we both looked at him angrily. "What? I'm just speaking for my son."

"Zayn we both know you just want the birthday cake." Lexie said. "Now tell Stacey how we met Liam in Los Angeles."

"Who is Liam?" Simon asked and they all looked at me.

"He is my cousin." Britney said. "Now can we eat, I'm starving." We all followed Britney to the dining room. Angel wouldn't stop mumbling things. I know she's getting older and she already started making sense when she speaks but I wish she wasn't talkative.