25 | bottles filled with happiness

When I finally found enough courage to go back to our room, she was sitting on her bed, resting her head on the headboard behind her.

Her extremely red and puffy eyes immediately turned to me. She quickly stood up and closed the space between us but she stopped right away when she saw me back away.

Did she cry? I thought, eyeing her curiously.

With a low and trembling voice I heard her ask "Can we talk?"

"There's nothing more to say. I'm tired." I coldly replied, joining my own bed without daring to look at her again.
I could hear her not moving at all for a while, but even though I badly wanted to look at her, I know that wouldn't be a good idea so I remained still, waiting for her to join her bed and turn the lights off.

I knew I wouldn't sleep much that night, and I know she didn't either because she kept moving and turning in her bed.
Nevertheless I somehow fell asleep, and when I woke up the next morning she was in the bathroom.

Everything immediately came back to me and I groaned, just wishing I could disappear and go far, far away from here. From her.

When she came back into the room, her hair dripping wet, my heart stopped.
But this time I managed to keep an emotionless face.
I already had been hurt enough.
"Hi Amanda hum.." she began. I didn't let her time to finish though.

"Good morning Miss Anderson." I formally greeted her before closing the bathroom door between us.
I just woke up and I was at the verge of crying again.
What a great day.

Deciding that it would be better to sit alone and not let my awful mood kill everybody else's I ignored Jade calling me in the cafeteria and chose to sit in a corner, far away from everybody.

But what had to happen happened when a few hours later I found myself in the same group as Cathy as we were having a leaded tour of somewhat museum.

"Hey." She kindly said, looking a bit nervous.

Honestly it took me everything to replied even the smallest "hi" and not just ignore her.

"What's up? You didn't eat with us this morning."

Pretending to be interested in the tour I began to take some notes, literally writing words that didn't have any sense together.
Blue, elephant, clouds, Isa-... Oh fuck off.

"Are you alright?"

"Cathy." I quickly addressed her, not able to refrain me anymore. "I'm really not in the mood today. Just leave me alone."
And that's how I managed to get rid of her for the whole tour. I honestly didn't even feel bad about it because all my thoughts were focused on one and only one person.

I had never zoned out for that long. That's only when we met all the other groups outside that I realized it was over and I had literally no clue about what we just visited.

"Huh finally." groaned Emily as she and Jade were unexpectedly joining me.
"Amanda did you get all the answers? I think we'll have a grade for that but we didn't get all of them with Jade."

"No." I released in a sigh following the group of students returning to the school.

"Wait where's Cathy? Did you lost her?"

"She's old enough to wander wherever she wants to, I'm not her fucking mother."

"Oh no I already had a bitch instead of a teacher for hours don't begin now." She joked lightly, making me frown.