29 | jealousy

"I'm not going to lecture you, because I know you already feel bad about it." said Derek, arms crossed and eyes on me as I was sitting next to him on the couch, patting mindlessly Ozzie's head that laid on my lap, trying to get my attention.

"Yeah. I'm... really just.. mad at myself." I admitted after some seconds, feeling the need to tell him and reassure him about the fact that I wouldn't do it again.

He nodded slightly, wearing a worried expression.
"How did you nightmares go with your teacher in the same room?"

Oh crap.

C'mon find something, you can't tell him you SLEPT in the same bed as her AND it made your nightmare completely disappear.
Clearing my voice I simply answered
"That was weird."

"Sorry." he chuckled, surely now realizing he forced a strange situation to appear.
"She genuinely seems to care about you though, you know she updated me about you while you wouldn't answer your phone?"

"Oh." was all I could answer, feeling a bit surprised. No, totally surprised actually.

"Okay well... I know you don't want to, and that's a thing we didn't took the habit to do, but you can talk to me you know?" He said, going back to our previous subject.

"I know, thanks. Can I- huh, can you drive me to Emily's house please? I'd like to see her."

Looking almost relieved that I cared about this girl, he eagerly nodded, grabbing his keys. "Sure, let's go."

He left me at the adresse she sent me earlier, saying he'd come and get me when I'd ask.

"It's alright, I might go and say hi to Marie and George after."

"Oh, really? It has been a long time since you've been there."

"Yeah right I forgot to tell you. That's where I went the other day with... my friend."

Nodding, he allowed me to leave the car.
After knocking on this huge white door, a lady with short black hair appeared.

"Hi." she greeted me with a husky voice.

"Hi ma'am. I'm Amanda, is Emily awake?"

"Oh right Amanda, you're the one she asked me to do hot chocolates for."

"Yeah, thank you so much by the way, they're the best I've ever had, not lying."

Modestly denying it, she opened the door for me, leading me to her room before disappearing.

"Hiya." I said, entering it, my eyes observing her tired face.

"Oh hey, you came."

Why did she look so surprised? "Huh duh, how are you feeling?"

"I still have fever, and my throat hurts a bit when I talk."

"Ohh so I'll finally have the chance to not hear you talk!" I exclaimed, hand raised up in the air to thank the sky.

Chuckling at that, she rolled her eyes again.

"Do you wanna watch something maybe? I could ask your aunt to make us hot chocolates if you want?"

"Just a glass of water would be great." she murmured.
"I might fall asleep during the movie though."

I gave her a nod, genuinely smiling at her before going to search what she asked me.