48 | that's a date then

Isabelle's point of view

I woke up on my couch, realizing I had fallen asleep while watching a tv show last night.

With a yawn I let my eyes wander on the little flat I owned since a lot of time already.
The idea of searching for another one, further from the city had already crossed my mind a million times, but I never found the motivation to move out and everything. For now it was doing the job as it was quite spacious for only one person.

Getting up with a stretch, I almost ran towards coffee, always my strongest desire in the morning.

While the machine was about to serve me the most delicious drink on Earth, I reached over my phone to turn on some music.

That's when I spotted her name on my screen, immediately bringing back a smile on my lips.

Eager to know what she had sent, I ignored the sound of my coffee machine indicating me it had done its job and clicked on the notification.

« Hi! Actually I'm free today, do you have much work to do? »

Well if I had, I definitely had forgotten all about it already.

I quickly replied that I happened to be free as well and in the next minute she texted again to ask if we could see each other.
And here I was, making a little happy dance in my kitchen like a stupid teenager.

After a while I realized my poor cup of coffee was waiting for me, so I took it with me while heading to the bathroom which was dumb because how could I drink a coffee while showering? I felt bad to admit that I had abandoned the white mug somewhere in the bathroom.
I didn't even know why I was rushing to get ready, I was more than four hours ahead.

But I just really wanted to look nice, was it a crime?

When I turned the radio of my car on, the first song that came was Sister Golden Hair.
Now I couldn't hear this song without seeing Amanda all crazy jumping and singing next to me.

Suddenly, as I was getting lost in my thoughts, my phone began to ring.

Oh shit, was she going to cancel our meeting?

Being a totally irresponsible driver, I grabbed my phone and did my best to accept the call without having to avert my eyes from the road as I still cared about my and other people's security.
Well I apparently cared less about it than to know what was the purpose of this sudden call, lectured my conscience, making me feel awfully bad.

"Yeah?!" I shouted, leaving the phone on loudspeaker on my thighs while continuing my way in the city.

"Are you driving?" A voice I hadn't heard for a while immediately said, forcing me to look down for a second.
Oops, she was facetiming me. Idiot.

"Sophie?!" I couldn't help but exclaim, more than surprised to see her face on my lap.

"Why are you so agitated? And since when do you take calls in the car huh?"

"Are you only calling me to lecture me?" I groaned, finally coming to a stop so I could focus on her.

When I raised the phone for the few seconds I was waiting behind the file of cars, I saw her observe me "Well well, you look very nice sis'."

"Thank you very much."

"Where are you going?"

Fuck.