Chapter 11

Trust Me

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Melody sighs as she leans forward on the counter and getting annoyed from the letter. It's a note from the Death Reaper, saying he needed some help because the humans are getting worse every each day. No wonder hell is so goddamn populated with sinners. The black haired female quickly finish her drink as she gets up and puts it away in the sink, washing it and putting the glass back in its place.

The girl stared into the empty sink with her hands resting on the edge of it. The last time she went to Earth was years ago, wonder what had changed ever since? Melody honestly just don't want to know. She was about to sigh but feels a presence behind her, she didn't move as her tensed shoulders relaxed a little.

"Hey, Al." She greets before turning around, having to back up on the sink due to how close he is to her. The demon only smile wider,

"Why, hello there dear! What are you doing up this late?" He asks as he looks at her nightgown. Melody tensed up a little as she fiddles with her black locks,

"I just couldn't sleep that's all — I'm going to now though, so.." She makes up an excuse so the taller demon could at least back up a little because the two are barely 3-4 inches away from each other. Alastor nodded as he steps backwards, making Melody mentally sigh in relief.

"Well you better go have your rest! Just like you said, a lady should take care of her self-worth." He smiles, Melody nods as she averts her eyes away from him and walking away from the male. Seems like Alastor is really taking a mental note of everything she says, it's kind of.. creepy. The radio demon watch as the woman walks out of the kitchen doors as he walks towards the counter where she was sitting before. He notices the letter with the black envelope as he picks it up to take a look at it, but the second he picks it up — it disappears in a red puff of smoke.

The demon only tilt his head in confusion but shrugs it off as he exits the kitchen himself. Now, what can he do to make her trust him even more? Perhaps, someone can assist him in that. Alastor's eyes pierce through the portraits of the Magne family and even a picture that he never noticed before due to it being in the far back of the hotel. He walks towards it to see a familiar picture, it's the same picture he saw in that album.

The king and queen of hell with Melody in the middle but this time there's something Melody is holding in her arms, upon closer inspection — what she is holding close to her is a baby softly wrapped in a cloth. Seems like that is Charlie when she was still a little baby. Melody is still having that blank face as she looks down at the infant in her arms as both of the Queen and King have their signature smile plastered on their lips.

Alastor grins, knowing well what Melody's weakness is. And maybe, he might just poke around it to toy with her even more.

The morning comes as Melody wakes up with another nightmare, you could say that she didn't get a blink of sleep at all. The girl sits upright as she moves to the edge of the bed, stretching her arms in the air and standing up right after. She walks over to the bathroom, pushing the door open and stepping in. Melody looks at herself in the mirror, her hair is mess as she pulls the hood of her nightgown off her head.

She reach out her hand towards the mirror as she wipes on her reflection, suddenly revealing a different reflection. Its a girl with long jet black hair, green emerald eyes, soft white skin and freckles decorated across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. The reflection followed Melody's every move, the blinking and even the way she breathes; it was as if she's the person in the mirror. The girl stared at the green emerald eyes for a moment before sighing and backing away from the sink to get herself in the shower.