2. The Offering

A while ago when I woke up I can feel my heart racing. Maybe I have dreamed something intense. I wonder what I have dreamed about but I wasn't scared or tired. Whatever, I have to rush because I'm already late. My store should have opened a while ago but I woke up at the opening time. Luckily it's just a walking distance but it's still far.

I'm a store owner by the way. I sell whatever that is in demand or unsought products; something you might not know that you will need like solution for moles, allergies and dandruff in one bottle. Products nowadays are becoming cheaper but profitable and effective. I would always make sure that I am the first seller to sell what's new and popular to other regions. At first I will sell it expensively and it drops down if there will be online sellers who will sabotage my price. Damn, I was once an online seller and now that I have my own shop I feel sorry for shop owners. How can we compete with the online sellers if we have rent and tax to pay? Let's move away from that topic. I'm making the story boring.

By the way I am from a huge family. We're all seven children plus one because my father has a daughter from another mother who never lived with us. Two out of seven were also in thesame situation but they lived with us like we're full siblings. Their mother is working overseas which is why our father mixed them with his legal children.

 Their mother is working overseas which is why our father mixed them with his legal children

Thanks to my laziness and nonstop shifting of courses that I graduated late. I was able to pay my tuition fee independently for the remaining two years by being an online seller and I was able to sustain my needs including my wants. After my graduation I loaned for my rent and settled everything for my business. It's really difficult but there's no turning back. I am not a career type of person so I have to follow my passion, to be a business owner like my sister and father including my mom.

It's already eight in the evening. Time runs too quick that I haven't notice I have to close my shop.

It's bedtime again and I easily dozed to sleep at eleven pm.

...

*knock knock knock*

'He's here again!

I excitedly opened the door and jumped to hug him.

"Hey, you can't just do that." He gently detaches me from his body. I froze for a while after a sudden observation. It's not what he says or how he treated me that is different but the warmth of his body is a bit colder than usual. Hmm, maybe he has been chilling with my parents first before visiting in my room.

"I missed you. How was your week away from me?" I asked and stand beside him facing the window. The scenery of our recreational park is so beautiful but I am more interested in looking at him from head to toe.

"Hmm... it was great. I like it in there. Unlike here, I feel like a prisoner of my family." He turns around and walked to another side of my room to watch outside my window with me still following him. "Eh, they're here again." He smirks and walks out of my room.