4. Come Back

"Brazen, won't you even care to visit? It's been a long time since we last saw you." One of my sisters woke me up that morning. I'm glad she did it or else I overslept again. "We live few blocks away from each but we barely saw you. Please come once in a while even when you're busy." She sadly left and I just sighed.

When was the last time I saw them? Last month, I guess

When was the last time I saw them? Last month, I guess. I used to be the closest to them, the clown, the one who binds everyone. When I am around everything is noisy, I am an outspoken person. What happened? Well I was pushed away too much that I broke myself away. Well, except from the kids, they're always welcome to visit me if they want but I always get in trouble with them. I just broke free and that's it, I grew up silently and distant from them to see. There will be no one for them to blame every time there's trouble that happens.

My business is doing great but I still feel like I have no face to show them. Maybe it's time to get an employee to help me.

"Glad you finally showed up." I closed earlier that day to have some time with them and I can see the happiness in their eyes. The kids are all with us and mom surprisingly visited. So that explains why they invited me.

Gosh I know what she's going to say again. She will insist that being an employee have stable income rather than a business woman. "Being an employee is not my career."

"But you will have lesser problems if you accept it so trust me and apply for a better job." There she is again, degrading and humiliating me infront of everyone. Just because her business rental earns in seasonal it doesn't mean that mine is thesame.

I have to defend myself no matter where this conversation goes. "My father is a business owner and I have heard how you are so ashamed of him. You know what, you should learn more by staying with us. Staying in your province has been making your brain narrow and slimmer."

"Enough with that." Jennifer, our second child who's a business owner and also an employee stops our argument. She glances at mom with a sarcastic face while holding her waist and shake her head. "Do I look stupid to you?"

Mom was surprised and looks away realizing that everyone of us were already starting our own businesses even our youngest sibling and stepsister.

Our eldest, Mj, the most intelligent yet unfortunate, who experienced being employed for a few years and experienced rejection has also started her toiletry business.

"It's time for you to be proud of us and stop comparing your so called 'people' to your family." Mj finally dines with us after calling the children.

"By the way, we have thought of another business that everyone of you will like." Dad interrupts and glanced at us. Everyone of them smiled and I was the one who has no idea about it.

"Since Mj finally learned how to cook simple dishes thanks to the local cook books she purchased in the bookstore, we thought of establishing a local restaurant." Jennifer spoke and I smiled in gladness. Finally the late bloomer learned how to cook at the age of thirty eight. Nice one, sister!