15. Insatiable

We ate for breakfast before leaving and that was the best thing I have experienced. Though my body still hurts, we couldn't just stay there.

It was already afternoon when we reached mom's house in Saturnine province

It was already afternoon when we reached mom's house in Saturnine province. Hopefully because it's summer she's already gone. Well we have two houses and I chose the one which we weren't using anymore.

We were two kilometers before the final destination and we made a stop for a drink. Debonair left me to find a store for a bottle of water and the sun is already dropping. The light bulbs around were lit and I started to walk to find some other stores. The people around stare at me because I look strange to them.

After a short walk I noticed the people rushing towards somewhere.

"Quick! Someone left their belongings! It's all free!" The all screamed and I curiously looked at the direction they took.

"There's plenty of beauty products saying they're being used by popular celebrities." The people continued swarming to the spot so I decided to have a look.

"They're manufactured in Japan! I'm so excited!" Plenty are already done taking what they can and I recognize the items they're taking.

"Hey, stop it! Those are mine!" My tears started to roll as I grabbed the most distinct item which I was really sure was mine. I grabbed the Japanese doll that my grandfather gave me when I was six years old and the people weren't paying attention. They thought I was just someone who's interested in taking the things. "Hey, stop it!" I persistently tried to stop them but I was too late. The only thing left was some of my vanity kits, vape, and hairbrush. I was devastated.

"Brazen, come on!" Someone grabbed me to stand up and placed the rest of my things in a small empty box and we ran back to the bike. I felt empty at that time but when I looked around I noticed something strange a mile away from us. The old bald witch man, he's standing in an open mountain with fire around him.

"I'm scared." I whispered and tightly wrapped my arms around Debonair. When we reached the house, it was dark and a bit scary. That's the reason why I stopped visiting this house but today I have no choice.

We stepped in and opened the lights. Debonair walked around while I looked in the cupboard for coffee, mugs and a pot. When he came back he had the box and some bread in his arms and we had coffee before having a tour. We chose the room with many windows and turned on the television.

"Come here." He carried me in his arms like a baby and cradled me in bed while watching the television.

"Am I a bad person?" I whispered while feeling his warmth. "Those were my belongings left in Fondes. Why were they given away like I was already dead?"

"Hush, Brazen, you have done no wrong. Whoever made it, we will surely find it." Debonair was the only person who had given me the security I have been wanting. Hopefully he can really stay with me even after he goes back to his normal life.