HOPING FOR A BETTER FUTURE

It was a week later when Namjoon arrived home with a bright smile on his features. In his hand he carried a document that he excitedly waved around. "I got a new job offer", he told the boys as their expression got more confused the more Namjoon flapped the paper around.

"What-", Jungkook jumped up and grasped the documents out of his father's hands. The older man complained at that but his son didn't care nor listen. "At a ramen shop?", he muttered as he scanned the paper in his hand.

Taehyung jumped up at that and he peered down to read the document as well. "At Seokjin's ramen shop? But I- I got that document from him! I then delivered it to Jimin".

"Jimin is the one that gave it to me", Namjoon admitted and snatched the document back, "He told me he didn't like hearing how a pretty omega like me had to work night shifts in an old factory". The man's cheeks colored a tint of pink as he quoted the alpha's words.

"First of all, I'm gonna puke", Jungkook held up a hand to block his father's face, "Second of all, when did you see him?"

Namjoon smiled sheepishly and glanced at the two boys in front of him. Jungkook, finding this all too suspicious, sniffed the air and gasped. His eyes widened and he pointed at his father, "You went to the café! On Taehyung's free day even!"

"I just wanted to see him, alright? He's quite charming", Namjoon muttered, "And good thing I did. I've got a job interview tomorrow".

Jungkook snatched the document back and went to sit on the bed to further examine it. He mumbled things under his breath, probably cursing Jimin's charming existence, as he scanned the document. His eyes quickly widened. "It's pays so much money!"

Taehyung went to sit next to his mate and his eyes followed the other's finger where it was hovering over the number of monthly pay. "It's better than working in a factory too".

"Maybe I'll have to change my opinion on Park Jimin", Jungkook muttered as he scanned the rest of the text, stating that Namjoon's work hours would start from 12 pm until 9 pm. He had Sunday free and would get a health insurance.

"When can you start?", Taehyung asked, now looking up at Namjoon, who seemed to be far away in a day dream. He poked the man in the side, making him flinch at the sudden contact.

"Oh-", he grinned when he realized what had happened, "I'm going to file my resignation tomorrow and I'll be able to start on Monday, next week".

A soft smile spread out onto the younger omega's lips, "I'm very happy for you". The older shook his head and reached his hand out to ruffle the boy's blonde locks.

"It's all because you started working at Jimin's place".

Jungkook threw the contract onto the bed and skeptically glanced at his father and mate, "And it's all because he has a crush on you".

Taehyung snorted at that. Namjoon frowned and released the boy's soft locks, hand now going to rest inside his pocket, "And who says it's not a shared interest?"

"Oh- don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a shared crush", Jungkook spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, "But I just want to warn you, don't get used by him. Just because he did something for you, doesn't mean you owe him something now".

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at his son, an amused expression flashing across his face, "Look at this. My teenage son is lecturing me about owing a man sex".

"I- I wasn't talking about that", the alpha spluttered and threw a pillow at his cackling father, "Shut up. Taehyung- stop laughing!"

Both continued laughing.

Jungkook huffed, "I hate you all".

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The tent was back to being occupied as night fell. Two boys were cuddled up in the small space while the heater blasted warmth into the tent.

"Darling".

The other tiredly hummed, eyes fluttering open as he peered up at the alpha. Fingers were softly running through his hair, the action slowly lulling him to sleep. He tried fighting against the feeling and squinted his eyes to focus on the other's face.

Jungkook had to smile at the younger's focused face, knowing just how tired his omega was. "I'm sorry, you were about to fall asleep".

"No, s'okay", Taehyung softly shook his head and tried propping himself up so he wouldn't be tempted to fall asleep again. But the alpha denied him release from his strong arms and  pushed him back down. "Jungkook", he whined, feeling the pull of sleep tug at his conscience.

"Go to sleep Tae", the boy smiled, "We'll talk tomorrow".

The omega huffed but let his head fall back onto the boy's chest anyway, "Is it important?"

"It can wait", the alpha reassured him and went back to petting the boy's blonde hair, "Have sweet dreams darling".

An incoherent mumble slipped from the omega's lips and then he was out like a light. Jungkook smiled down at his mate and then closed his own eyes, though he knew he wasn't going to be catching any sleep soon.

Ever since Taehyung got a student job and his father got a better job offer, he'd been imagining what the future might look like. All three of them now worked and got payed each month, meaning that more money would flood in. Of course, Taehyung living with them meant they had to buy more food and such but that all by all was quite okay.

This meant that with more money they might be able to find a better place to live in. The caravan would always be a home to Jungkook but he had to stop telling himself it was normal to live in something that small. He was even sleeping in a tent right now. There was no way he was letting his father grow old in a thing like that and so they needed a new & better place to live in.

Ever since Taehyung got his job, Jungkook had been looking at small apartments that could fit three people inside. Even if it was only meant for one and held one bedroom, the couch was an alright place to sleep in as well. It would be bigger than a caravan nonetheless and more comfortable.

He just hoped his father wanted to move with them. Knowing his father, he'd think he'll be too much of a bother and stay in the caravan alone and really, that went in against every part of Jungkook's plan of getting his older father out of the damn thing.

Somewhere next week he'll introduce the plan and see what the others think of it. He was sure it'll take some convincing – and maybe some begging – but he was going to make sure his family was safe and happy.

I've written my ideas for the next three chapters (which includes the ending chapter as well) but I wanted to make sure I covered all of your expectations. So please tell me what you except to happen in the next chapters.