•hospital•

I get changed then flip the mattress over, there's already a slit they already made and I put the extra clothes in there.

"I'm gonna teach you a few punches" I tell Amber flipping the mattress back around.

"When in a fight you aim for the face" I put my first up and she does the same "if I punch you like this" I aim for her face in slow motion.

"What do I expose?" I ask her.

"You ribs" she answers.

"So your gonna punch me there" I say and she does in slow motion making me laugh "okay so punch me"

She punches me and hits my arm "What was wrong with that?" I ask her and she takes a second to think.

"I hit you on the arm"

"Correct, and where do you need to aim?" I ask.

"Face" she says.

"Good. In order to drag someone you need to get her hair" I gesture her closer "you grab the ponytail and then grab the middle of the hair really really hard"

She nods "that's how I got Jenny off you yesterday" I tell her.

"Thank you by the way" she smiles at me.

I nod "Never stay on the ground for too long" I say "get down" she gets down on her back "this is what Jenny was doing to you"

I grab her hair but don't pull and I pretend to punch her "what you need to do is kick at me and once I stop you get up"

She nods and I take the chair form the door, I keep the door closed and we sit on the bed. I lay on my front because my back is burnt.

Amber lays on her back because her front is burnt. She looks over and me and raises her eyebrows. I don't even want to talk about Shank.

"Two words, hardcore and passionate" I tell her and she giggles.

"Did you guys..."

"No" I laugh and we fall silent "I don't want to be just a toy to him, you know?"

"Yeah" she nods and we drift to sleep. I'm thank full no hot water wakes us up this morning. I wake Amber up and rub my eyes.

"Oh my gosh" her voice brakes, I open my eyes to see a chunk of her waist length hair has been cut off.

"They cut my hair" she whispers then looks up at me "they cut my ha-" she covers her mouth not letting a sob escape.

"We can go to the Solon, get it shoulder length" I tell her, I watch a year roll down as she uses both hands to cover her mouth.

"Come on" I tell her and we get ready to leave. The cab picks us up and we go to the Solon. Amber gets an appointment and then I leave.

I call a cab and go to the hospital my mom is at. When there I ask for her then go to the room. I stand in the door frame.

She looks terrible, I go closer and she turns to me. I smile trying to hold back tears "Hey mama"

She reaches out for me and I take her hand. She puts her hand on my face and tears start to fall "Mama...you don't" I hiccup "you don't l-look good"

"Cassidy don't cry" she gives me a week smile.

I close my eyes and put her cold hand on my face "Tell me something Cas" she says.

"I'm okay ma, I'm paying for your treatment bills and I live with Amber" my moms eyes close but I feel her thumb rub back and forth on my skin.

"I talked to Jamal...I'm doing great ma...how are you?" I ask.

"I'm good, just tired" she says and I let her hand drop. I walk out sobbing, I go to the bathroom to clean up.

I get my act together and calm down, then I go back to the Salon to find Amber nearly done. I sit and watch the rest of he transformation.

After a while she comes out with beautiful shoulder length hair in curls. We go get something to eat before we make our way back to the club.

Today's a Saturday so we are obliged to put on a full face of makeup. I do a smoky eye that matches my back lingerie and then pop it with glitter.

I do my normal routine and pick up little money. Half way through I get distracted by Shank watching me. My heart flips a little.

We maintain eye contact but I brake it. After our long night we go back stage to change. I take off all the makeup but redo my eyebrows.

I look over at Amber who's ready "You look gorgeous" I tell her and she gives me a white smile.