•marshmellow•

Days go by and I've improved at my job, Tobias and I have cleared the air and we are now cool.

I get off my shift and meet Shank by his car, he opens the door for me and I get in with a sweet smile. Tonight's the night where we go to the mafia ball and I can't wait.

He gets in and greats me with a kiss, he pulls away with a smile and I give him a confused look. "What was that?" I ask him.

"What?" He relaxes and the same expression comes back.

"That" I point to his face.

"I'm happy" he says and I leave it at that, I don't think I've seen him like this before and I'm not about to ruin it. We drive back to the mansion and he had his hand on my thigh the whole time.

When I go in the mansion I'm pulled away by some maids and Amber, the maids whisper to each other about my hair and makeup and I look over at Amber.

'What the hell' I mouth to her and she shrugs but she has a sly smile so I know somethings up. A man comes in my room and starts doing my nails.

He makes them long but not too long and he only asks for the colour of my choice, I choose light pink just like Shanks favourite colour.

I know how to work with long nails because at one point I was obsessed with them so it's nothing new to me.

They start straightening my hair and beating my face with makeup. I try be as clam as possible but the amount of makeup on my face doesn't feel right.

I feel someone put a necklace around my neck making me open my eyes, it's Amber. She puts a diamond on my neck then steps back to examine.

"You look-wow" She smiles and I giggle as a reaction.

It's finally time to put on my dress, Shank only told me that the dress has to be red. It was kind of hard picking such and expensive dress that I'm not used to.

Amber helps me in the dress and does my zipper for me, I put my own perfume and put on the red bottoms that I got told to wear

I take my hair out of it's neat low ponytail, I don't want it like that. I feel suffocated in this dress just because I'm not used to it.

I look over to Amber showing her the finished look "what do you think?" I twirl.

"Your like 5'6 now" she smiles.

I walk out to find Shank waiting at the bottom of the staircase, he's wearing a black suit with a red tie. Why does he look like a prince? No a King.

Damn he looks good, his curls hang on his forehead just about touching his long beautiful eyelashes. I'm surprised I can see that much detail form the top of the stairs.

Me taking a step forward gets his attention due to the loud heals and the quite environment. His eyes grow softer the closer I get to him.

He takes my hand and kisses the top of it, just above the engagement ring. A bright smile covers my face and I feel myself getting hotter.

He gazes into my eyes and I can feel myself getting lost in his, I feel his hand on my lower back as he pulls me closer to him. "You look..." he trails off.

"Like a marshmallow?" I finish for him.

"Magnificent" he chuckles leading me outside.

"I look like a princess"

"A queen" he opens the door to a limo for me and helps me get in. Once he's in I try scooting over to him but we're separated by my dress.

"You look..." I search for a word "immaculate"

"Immaculate? That's the first" he smiles. The car starts to move meaning we're on our way, I catch Shank staring at me form time to time until the car stops.

He steps out then helps me up, we both straight each other up and then he examines me again. He pushes hair off my shoulder making it fall behind my ears.

He cups my face and kisses me softly taking some of my lip gloss off. I told the makeup artist that I want just a base of make up and no lipstick, since my dress is over the top I don't need a full face.

He pulls away and I wipe the gloss of his lips with a smile. One of his men stands beside him and one beside me, this is it.