•dept•

I wake up in his arms, in the car, in the parking lot. I look up to him still sleeping and I snuggle closer too him.

His phone rings waking him up and he answers it "What kind of problem?" He says and I can tell his pissed.

So early? I then get up and sit in the passenger seat, I put his gun in a cup holder and look at the time on my phone.

9:23am it reads. I also have three missed called form Amber and about seven texts asking where I am.

"Where the fuck are they?" Shank roars getting my attention. He has the same dark deadly look he had the day our car was being followed.

I quickly text Amber back telling her I'm okay and that I'm with Shank. Shank starts his engine and we're racing off.

I don't mention the fact that I'm hungry when we pass a McDonalds because it's not the right time.

We finally pull up by a Where-house that looks beat down and abandoned. Shank takes his gun, opens his storage unit and give me a gun.

He then gets out and I follow him, I put my gun in my back waistband mirroring him. Three 5'11 men come up to us.

"Keep her here" Shank commands and walks past them. They watch me and I get uncomfortable fast, I take two steps backwards.

"Your pretty short" the guy on the left says. He's got brown curls covering his forehead and blue eyes. I glare at him in response to his comment.

"I'm Class" he says offering a hand for me to shake, I don't take it.

"Cassidy" I enjoin and he licks his lips.

"Isn't that a white girls name?"

"Your nickname's Class so where you trying to go with this?" I ask making the other guys chuckle.

He steps back into position and keeps his eyes off me. I look back at the car then at the Where-house Shank went into.

My phone rings in my back pocket and I see the ID caller. 'Dad' it says and I hang up. He calls again and I listen to the ring tone.

"Avoiding someone?" Class smirks and I pick up on the third call.

"Cassidy?" My father says on the other end "you there?"

"Yes" I say.

"I wanted to apologize" he says "I feel really guilty and I don't know what to do"

"Really" I look up fighting tears.

"Yes, I want to apologize in person"

"I can't see you" I tell him.

"Why not?" He asks.

"I'm gonna have to kill you" I get silence as a response.

"Don't be stubborn" he says "don't talk to me like that child, I am your father and I will not be disrespected you-" I take my phone away form my ear.

I don't have time for this. I look back at the Where-house and still no sign of Shank. I put my phone back on my ear and he's still ranting.

"Are you sober?" I interrupt.

"Of course I'm sober! How dare you assume I'm not. An ungrateful child you are-" he carries on.

The door where Shank went in opens but he doesn't come out, I sigh and go back to listening.

He starts to raise his voice again and I hang up. I don't have time for this. I delete then block his number.

I hear distant gun shots at look back to the abandoned place. The gun shots seem to have gotten the three men's attention and I run off.

I go around and wait for the guys to pass me. When they run right past me I go back to the front and go into the dark place.

I take my gun out form my back and hold it in my hands. My steps are slow but steady as I tip toe in.

Mumbles of voice grow louder the closer I get. "Killing me won't solve anything" I hear Shank say "your still in dept and my men will still hunt you"

"You did this to me!" Someone shouts "I lost everything because of you"

I pop my head up to see and Shank immediately sees me. His eyes don't stay on mine but he sees me.

"Can't we make a deal?" A female voice says.

"Your already in dept" Shank says.

"Your life for our freedom" the guy proposes and Shank shakes his head no, the guy with the gun pulls the trigger just grazing Shanks ear.

"Take the deal or die!" The guy shouts but Shank is perfectly still.

I get up and shoot a wall drawing both the guy and the woman's attention. In a second Shank shoots both of them dead.

The sound of their body dropping echos and Shank looks up at me. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you needed help" I say putting my gun down.

"I was handling it"

"Clearly" I say and watch Shank spill a bottle of petrol over the body's he then lights them up and they burn.

I follow him out and we get in the car. Shanks phone rings and he answers putting it on speaker.

"Boss we lost Cassidy" Class says.

"Well you better find her then" Shank demands then hangs up. How did they not see me get into the car with him?