Arkham Dick! x reader

Little prompt so this story is based off the side mission in the game Beneath the Surface. Instead of Batman and Nightwing facing off Croc, it's y/n and Nightwing.

Y/h/n= your hero name

Y/n's pov~

I was helping out Lucius with some new upgrades for the Batmobile and before I tried to look for more upgrades Bruce started calling me on the gauntlet comms.

"Y/h/n I need you to investigate Iron Heights with Nightwing." He stated.

"Why can't you do it instead?" I asked.

"I'm going to Founders Island to get rid of the long range missile launcher." He explained.

"Ah okay then. I'll go check out Iron Heights."

"I'll have Nightwing send you the coordinates." He said before hanging up.

"Well Lucius I have to help Nightwing out. I'll come back after." I said while walking towards the the door.

"Ah well then, have fun with your little date." Lucius said with a smile. I froze in place.

"We aren't dating. We're just friends." I said while scratching the back of my neck. Dick and I have been friends ever since he has became Robin and I have been fighting and along his side for a while now.

"I see how you look at him. I may not be the greatest detective himself but I know a crush when I see one."

"That obvious huh?" I asked. He nodded. I waved him goodbye and headed out to Gotham bay. I landed on top of the airship and before I headed inside Dick started calling me on the comms.

"Hey you here yet, Nightwing?"

"I'm on may way. Sans cape remember?"

"Yeah I do. So what do we know about Iron Heights?"

"Imagine the worst prison in the world."

"Oh wow. That bad?"

"Not as bad but pretty bad. I have no clue why it's in Gotham airspace."

"Probably picked up someone we don't know about. Well I'm going in."

"See you inside, y/n." My heart skipped a beat when he said my name. I shook my head and focused on going inside the airship. When I went in I heard someone crying for help. I went to the voice and it was an injured guard.

"What happened to the ship?" I asked him.

"Jones or Croc or whatever that lizard thing is. He escaped and tore the engine apart. It's still out there. Hunting us." He explained in pain and fear.

"Don't worry. You'll be safe soon," I said before leaving him to look for Croc. I decided to tell Dick about the situation. "Nightwing. Croc was the one who damaged the ship."

"Yeah I figured. I found a guard- well half of one."

"We have to find him asap." I stated before hanging up. I walked around and I heard another person in danger. He was under a vent and I lifted up the vent to lift him up from the water. He sat down on the side and caught his breath.

"Why did you have Croc imprisoned here?" I asked.

"All I know is that it was a bad idea. Our warden, Ranken, was playing with fire." He explained.

"Was anyone trapped in here with you?"

"I knew the warden was around before the ship crashed. Please hurry y/h/n."