Nineteen

"Who do they think they are?" Is the first sentence out of my father's mouth when I finally return home

"Who do they think they are?" Is the first sentence out of my father's mouth when I finally return home. My friends and I had been at the Seattle police station until almost four this morning. They've been interrogating us since I told the officer the Jeep was Julian's. "Don't they know Swan already questioned you? Isn't there a record for that or something?"

I shrug and join my parents at the dining room table, thanking my mom for the breakfast. The Seattle officers were nice enough to give us a snack, but I'm still starving. "They thought we would remember something new that could help with the investigation."

Dad mumbles some more while he sips his coffee. When I finish my food, I retire to my room for a nap. Something crumbles when I fall onto my bed. Reaching into my hoodie pocket, I pull out a crinkled napkin with words written on one side.

They're coming, the missing kids from Seattle. Warn the Cullens. You're not safe. I'm sorry. -J.

I drop the paper in shock. Julian? Was this really from him? Who's coming? And what do the Cullens have to do with it? Why am I not safe?

The questions spin through my mind on repeat. The Cullens...he couldn't know what they are....can he? Unless...Wait, the missing kids from Seattle, are they still alive? Are they in the same place.

Going over to my computer, I search for kids who have gone missing in Seattle. In just one year, over one hundred kids under the age of eighteen are kidnapped in the Seattle area. I refine my search for kids between the ages of thirteen and eighteen. The results decrease to eighty-two cases. Out of these, only forty-nine were either returned home safely...or their bodies were found. That leaves thirty-three cases unsolved, including Julian's.

I spend the remainder of the day studying the cases. All thirty-three teens were abducted sometime during the night in vacant or not very populated areas. Most have been declared dead, even with no body found. The families have lost hope for their return.

Will that happen to Julian? Will his parents grow tired of searching for him?

I grab an extra notebook from one of the drawers in my desk, writing down everything I know so far. Julian is alive. Thirty-three missing teens may also be alive. They could be together. Julian might know the Cullens are vampires. He might be a vampire. The missing kids are coming to Forks.

~~~~~~~

"Why is she here?" I complain to Paul.

It's a bonfire night, and this will be the first time I hear the stories now that I know they're real. It will also be the first time Quil Ateara, Seth, and Leah hear the stories since shifting. It's supposed to be a happy and fun night with the pack and the other imprints, but Jacob ruined it. By bringing Isabella Swan.

"She's not even an imprint." Kim agrees while taking the seat to my right. Kim is Jared's imprint. She's incredibly nice and absolutely beautiful. Leah doesn't hang out with me much anymore because she despises the idea of imprinting. She confessed this to me the other day, that she can't help but slightly hate me because of what imprinting stole from her. I understand, she's in a lot of pain. It just sucks sometimes.

Hearing our conversation, Sam sends us a pointed look. "Be nice, she's still human. Billy thinks hearing our stories will change her mind." I try not to roll my eyes. That ain't gonna happen.

Billy calls everyone over. Where Harry once sat, Sue sits now. She took his place as elder after he passed away.

Seth sits on the ground near the fire, rocking eagerly in his place. Jacob and Isabella sit a few logs over, directly across from the elders. Isabella glances my way, but I quickly turn my gaze to Billy.

He begins the story of Taha Aki and the third wife. Staring into the fire, I can almost see the story come to life. It's so beautiful, and I love it even more than I did the first time.

"Our magic awakens when they are near." I return my eyes to Billy. "And we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood." The other missing kids. Julian. "Something terrible is coming. And we must all be ready." Billy stares at Isabella before fixing his eyes on me. I shift uncomfortably in my spot, tightening my hold on Paul's hand. "All of us."

Everyone slowly rises from their seats, some grabbing more food while others leave. When enough people are gone, I turn to Paul. I need to tell him about Julian, that I think he might be a vampire. But Paul doesn't like vampires, and I don't either. But this is Julian. I had my first kiss with him.

"Is everything okay?" Paul brings a hand to cup my face, the warmth soothes me. As I stare into his eyes, those damn alluring eyes, I sigh and nod my head. "Come on, let's get you home before your dad tries to skewer me."

Okay I know everything has kinda been surrounding Julian and there hasn't been much Paul, but Paul will be seen more now.