Chapter 12

Millie's eyes glared at us from the porch as she leant against the house. She looked pissed. I shut the passenger door of Georgia's car, waiting for her to walk around and lock it before we made our way up the steps towards Millie. I grabbed my keys out of my pocket, unlocking the door for them both before locking it behind us and dropping the keys on the side table.

"How many more days of detention do you both have? Thursday's are girls night - your stupid detention has already cut short the evening by at least an hour!" Millie whined as she took her shoes off, before carelessly slumping herself down on the couch in order to be dramatic. She was right - Thursdays had quickly become girls nights since I had moved here, this week being my week to host.

"You're only being salty because you weren't there to prank the boys!" Georgia responded, sticking her tongue out in a childish manner before following Millie and slumping down next to her. I laughed at the dramatics they were both acting out, as Millie stuck her bottom lip out in an attempt to show that she feels left out. "We only didn't tell you about it because you had a test! An important test! What were we supposed to do - oh, sorry Ms Martin - we need to borrow Millie because we want to move the cars of the lads that will result in a paint fight?"

"YES!" Millie shouted out, laughing as we all thought about if that situation had actually occurred. I smiled at them both, before wandering into the kitchen to get us all a drink. By now, I knew what they drank and so quickly poured them both a drink of what they liked best and returned to the front room with it. I sat down on the couch next to them both, idly turning the T.V. onto Comedy Central and allowing Friends to play in the background as we spoke.

"You know, I think we could all fit Friends girls characters really well," Georgia began, before laughing when she noticed mine and Millie's confused expressions. "I mean, I feel like I could easily be Monica - I have to plan everything out, and you both know by now that my bedroom is spotless. The other day when we skipped - I couldn't bear the thought of you driving, Amelia and having no clue as to what the day held!" She laughed, before asking me to show her my wrist once more to check my tattoo - she had been worrying all week that it was going to get infected, I felt as though she checked it every minute she was with me.

"And then Millie would be Phoebe - honestly, sometimes you are so ditsy, in a cute way I promise!" Georgia held her hands up in a surrender stance, laughing before continuing. "Also because Amelia, you would definitely be Rachel - you and Carter so have that on and off vibe that Rachel and Ross had!" Millie nodded her head in agreement, them both staring at me with a smirk playing on their lips as if they were about to get me to admit things I wasn't yet ready to admit.

"I don't know what you mean." I commented, moving my eyes back to the T.V. in an attempt to tune them both out. It wasn't working though, as they both continued to stare at me until I looked back at them.

"You SO have the hots for each other, just admit it. I see the way he looks at you, Amelia - he definitely doesn't look at anybody else like that." Millie added, agreeing with Georgia's initial comment. I shook my head, dismissing them both as Georgia grunted.

"Carter is wanting to know where we are - the boys are bored, apparently. I've refused to tell him but I know what they're like when they're bored - they'll find us eventually." I laughed at that, partially excited for the boys to alter our girls night that had become quite a routine of lying about eating junk food whilst watching a movie. I mean, I wasn't complaining but sometimes spontaneous ideas were the ones that were the better ones.

It took them barely an hour before a knock was heard at the door, followed by my phone buzzing with a text message asking for us to let them in. I sighed, not knowing what our fate would be for the evening. I peered out of the window before letting them in, a smile growing on my face as I saw a person that I definitely did not expect to be turning up tonight. I quickly unlocked the front door, allowing the four of them to step inside. Still, nobody had questioned where my parents were - I'm not sure if it was out of respect for my privacy or simply not noticing, but I was glad for it.