Chapter Twenty-One

Patrick

"Well don't you look pretty." I hear my mom tell Ella from downstairs.

Looking over myself in the mirror one last time, I straighten the collar on my pink button up shirt and close the door to my room, thudding down the steps into the foyer. Ella is wearing this black floor length dress with a black cardigan covering her arms. She looks stunning, but I hate the fact that she doesn't like her arms, because to me they're just fine. It's not like they're big or anything, but she says they bother her immensely.

My mom is still standing there admiring the two of us when I give Ella a kiss on the cheek. We're just going to the movies, and I would have picked her up, but my dad needed the car tonight.

"I need a picture." My mom gushes, pulling out her phone from her back pocket.

I narrow my eyes at her, letting out a huge sigh. "Mom, this isn't prom." I mutter. "Please, stop"

"I don't mind a picture." Ella smiles, glancing towards her. "You can take one."

That seems to make her entire day because she smiles from ear to ear, turning the phone sideways and ushering us to form some sort of a pose. Ella stands there awkwardly not knowing what to do until I grab her suddenly, pressing my lips to hers and dipping her back towards the floor. My mom and I both laugh, Ella erupting into giggles once I end the kiss.

"Patrick!" She laughs more in disbelief, her face completely red. She straightens out her dress and looks at my mom again. "What time should we be home?"

With a wave of her hand, she gives us an eye roll and smiles. "Oh, anytime is fine. Just have fun."

Trying to hide the shock, we say goodbye and head to her car, but not before I grab the keys from her so that I can drive. I feel bad enough as it is that we have to drive her car to our date.

"I should have started dating you a long time ago." I chuckle, sliding into the driver's seat. "No curfew? My mom seriously loves you."

"No curfew is pretty great." She smirks, arching her eyebrow up at me. I see her eyes get this seductive look to them as she bites slightly on her lower lip.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I smirk back, mimicking my eyebrows like hers.

I reach over to grab onto her hand and hold it tightly before she leans over the console and kisses my cheek. She doesn't let up though, moving her kisses to my neck, which causes me to laugh and slightly pull away. "You want this car to crash?" I chuckle. "Stop that."

__________

After the movie lets out we start to head back to the car. We went to go and see some horror movie that Ella wanted to watch, but I don't think we watched a second of it. As soon as we sat down in the back row and the lights went out, she immediately started to kiss me, pulling me into her. I didn't know how to react at first, I just smiled into the kiss and put the armrest up that was between us, pulling her closer. Her tongue slipped inside my mouth, her hands running down my chest. I've been craving her since the night on the beach, and I don't think I can hold out much longer from trying to make it happen again.

I stayed frustrated for the remainder of the movie, and now that we're back in the car I'm just trying to think of anything else but her right now. It doesn't seem to be working though.

"That was a good movie." She says, twirling a curl around her fingertips. She's staring at me intensely with that same look that's telling me she's turned on right now. It's a look I haven't seen from her before until tonight, but I certainly love it.