3

It was almost midnight when she arrived safely in her home, throwing her keys on the table without even removing her shoes she fell in the couch where she immediately get cold.

"Eli!? Is that you honey? Elean..." Putting the light on in the tiny living room her mother stopped mid sentence to look at her disheveled daughter totally sleeping fully clothed which was not something she would normally do.

"Mom is Eli home!?"

Nodding at her two last kids the woman walked to her taking off her shoes her heart swelled at how swollen her feet was. She sighed at it as she stirred in her sleep. Putting the soft blanket on her tiny body she shut the light of as they walked back in the only bedroom of the place.

The noice around her force her out of her dreamless sleep, sitting up she pushed her hand in her head for the first time in all her life she felt no need to rush to go to work, recalling the even of last night she sighed dejected to think she was infatuated with that woman was a joke.

"Baby, how are you doing? You came back pretty late yesterday."

Grimacing when she stood up walking was a real burden, she cursed herself for falling for a thought but smiled at her mother who played it off seeing her expression.

"Mama, don't worry okay you already took your breakfast? Where are the two angels?" Smiling at the way her daughter would always put the others first Sandra nodded.

"Yes pumpkin, they went to school a while ago. They told me to say you theirs love. I knew you started today at 10, I didn't want to rush you. I made your breakfast though." Nodding at her Eleanor headed to the bedroom she shared with her family.

Stripping out of her clothes she folded neatly before putting them in the basket where her siblings clothes was already folded she entered the bathroom avoiding the mirror she let the water run down her body thankful they save her hot water it was really a cure to her sore body.

After a while she felt her body was functioning again she end it, dry herself before wearing new clothes, jeans and Nike shoes which was really comfortable to say the least. Taking her leather jacket in last resort she closed the door behind her.

"Mom, take this to refill the fridge and for  others groceries. We should be fine for two months with that right?"

Taking the money from her daughter thankfully the woman sat in front of her wondering where she took it.

"Don't look at me like that Mom. I had a business yesterday with someone and get paid to take a taxi and eat something. You know me I wasn't about to eat in a place where one dish cost the amount we use in one month. Plus the taxi is just a no no. See now we have a lot of money to eat."

Relieved at her daughter comments Sandra MacArthur smiled seeing her ate silently.

"Darling I want you to be careful though. I, we need you. I could work too, like tha..."

"Mama don't started with that okay? We already talked about it. If I feel like it is too much then yes we will see." Meeting her mother gaze Eleanor swallowed the bit of pancake she was chewing.

Her breakfast over she tried to clean her dishes but her mother refused saying it was her works to do. Pushing her out of the kitchen to the living room she took a seat on the only couch they had closing her eyes after looking satisfied at the way things was settled around her.

The place was clean, even beautiful the only negative thing was the space but they managed it well for them to all fit in. The noice her mother was doing made her drift in another slumber. It was only 8.45 in the morning.

"Honey, time to go-to work now."

Dreading the moment she stood up she took the bag her mother handed her. After kissing her mother forehead she exited the room knowing she had thirty minutes to get there.

Everything was blurred through the trip to her work allowing herself to be prepared to what she was about to face or most importantly who?

"Good morning Ms MacArthur how come you always do it? You are always there at 10:30 sharp. I could never do it."

Acknowledging the woman as she settled her bag on the counter that ran on the half of the wall near the big walls in glasses that allowed you to see through the big shop she worked in. She squinted her eyes playfully at her.

"Tina good morning to you too, you can call me Eleanor know, I've been working here for two years already. Plus I already call you Tina it will just be fair."

"Ah! Okay then Eleanor. Today will be sooo busy. I already have a headache coming."

Smiling at the beautiful red hair well built woman who was in her late twenties maybe twenty eight or nine, Eleanor shook her head then frowned seeing she was not her normal self, her face was a bit pale than usual.

"You okay Tina?"

"I, yeah! Don't worry I'm fine nothing too serious." Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, she shifted uncomfortable on her seat.

"Don't be a stranger though, if you don't feel good I can shift with you anytime I already have all the paperwork and everything done before hand."

Suprised at her proposal Tina smiled happily, she always thought she was a friendly person who just keep everything for herself.

"Thanks you Eleanor, I certainly will use that one day."

"Don't mention it. I'm off now."

Keeping her head held high she took the staircase going to the first level, her luck she was levels away from the devil itself, she could avoid her, she had had more of her than she could have nightmares of, she didn't want to see or smell her being anytime soon. Enough of the woman had her practically crippled.