5

"She meant what you heard, we where driving home on Monroe Street when someone placed themselves right where I had to pass, I tried my best to get pass her but she would swing with me then she pointed at her left, that's when we saw that two men were targeting her. I showed them my phone like I would called the cops taking it seriously they disappeared in an alley."

"We escorted her untill Stars riots main road, it was totally full with people she gave us thumbs up smiling then disappeared in the crowd." Finishing her mother story Lana tapped her nails on the long table where things were placed along the wall.

"Juliana my heart stopped when I saw the men, there is no doubt they were gang's members. I don't want to think about what could have happened if we didn't took that road. Imagine Monroe Street at past nine. " Shivering Amy hugged herself.

Getting paler at the story she was hearing, Juliana did her maths concluding that the young woman should have walked to get home by herself risking her life. She clearly underestimated her, she was a stubborn head, who was... Limbing.

Unaware of them still there the young woman made her way towards the front of the room her head down in her phone register verifying she did more than the half of the work that means at least a one week and a half worth work.

Feeling suddenly weird when she felt someone eyes on her dismissing it hearing no sound, she leaned forward massaging the kneecap of her left leg which always hurt when she walked for a long amount of time, holding her tears in she tightened her jaws bottling it in.

Moving her legs like footballer do when training, she pulled a hurt face before making it all disappeared behind a mask. She knew she had no time to feel sorry about herself.

Meeting her sister gaze, Amy stood there hurt by the feeling they all saw on the young woman face. They all knew she wouldn't have do it if she was aware of their presence. Looking up she froze for a moment before dismissing every form of feeling out of her eyes to a work like demeanor.

"Good morning everyone. I thought you were gone. You want something else?"
Looking at them with an unperturbed face, it was like she distanced herself from the reality.

At the moment they were just that...humans. something people didn't often do when the breathed the same air as the Harris. But not giving a single thought to that matter, Eleanor knew for sure that looks when you're not careful could sure be so deceiving.

"Oh no love, we already get everything we wanted." A polite smile on her next move that was unspoken was like then why are you still here?

"Okay ma'am, I was about to make sure they took everything..."

Intrigued by the fact that they wasn't taking the hint she bit her tongue patiently waiting for any of them to speak, her eyes roamed all theirs stuck faces, even Mrs Harris was like something was stuck on her food and she couldn't removed it.

Taking in her perfect face which could have fooled her more longer, she could see what attracted her to her in the first place before she felt nothing for the woman, in fact her heart at the moment was like a tone of bricks surrounded by walls getting higher by the minutes she had her on sight.

Juliana Harris means nothing anymore, her body wasn't reacting as it did the day before and all the years she was having that crush or should she said infatuation?

Thanking God for taking her wish seriously she smiled internally, thinking that the trick always works whenever something would get in her bad side she would just blacklisted them and VOILA ! It works.

Moving her eyes away after what she could have thought was longer when it was just seconds, she met the other Mrs Harris worried eyes. She knew the woman from afar but kept her distance thinking that it was an Harris. That's how people started despiting others for what or who they are related to.

"I don't mean to be rude but do you need anything else!?"

Being the bold one Lana showed her her hand that she skeptically shook not understanding what was happening.

"I'm Lana, we never properly meet before. This is my mother Amy Harris. We where the one in the car last night. We just want to know if everything... is alright."

Staring at her knee at the end of her sentence the teenager back away letting go of her hand. Dismissing her worries with a thumb up which brought a smile on the young Harris face, Eleanor turned to her mother never acknowledging her boss once.

Shaking the woman named Amy after, Eleanor arched her eyebrows understanding the irony of the story.  Guess all the Harris wasn't evils they could have left her on own the previous night if it was the case.

"Really? Ah I'm happy to be able to say thank you, yesterday you were life savers. I'm Eleanor Heartland by the way." Smiling sweetly at the two faces Eleanor uttered.

"It was a pleasure Eleanor. I can call you that right?...Okay. Is everything okay with your leg? You are limbing."

"My leg? Oh that! Don't worry it is nothing I was up for hours. it's already time to breathe a little then it will be all gone. Really it's okay."

Dismissing them with her words and hand Eleanor did her impossible to not show the pain that was rushing from the kneecap in a way that her heartache was overpowering any other pain of her body.

"We can have a doctor..." Looking towards her boss lame attempts to mend her conscious knowing fully well where the hurt came.

"Do not worry Mrs Harris. Really it's just what I said. I'm use to it. I just over worked it. Now if I may I want to finish my work to take a break."

Looking in each other's eyes Juliana heart sank when she wasn't abled to reach for the young woman attention, her eyes was just that blank like she was talking with a stranger who never had any kind of interaction with her aside of work. She looked like a robot, it wasn't impossible to pin some kind of attitude in her answer, a cold deference.

Looking back at her boss family she smiled sweetly at them nodding her head then walked to the other side of the room which was a really big.

"Lana?" Looking her way with an expectative face the teenager put one hand in her pocket standing like her Aunt.

"I don't do it often but you can go around looking for what may please you, as far as you mentioned everything you take on the paper you will find in the first drawer near the door. It will help to know what is missing. Please don't make a mess."

Nodding at her a big smile on, the teenager didn't wait to be tell another time going straight where she wanted as her mother took the paper where indicated.