[18]

Some blood this chapter.

Blood and death.

Nothing unusual.

:)

Also, I FINISHED THE ART!!!!!!

^*^

"Turn it off." Hels paced behind Xisuma, sword ready at a moments notice should the situation call for it.

Scar was standing in the corner, silent and unmoving, eyes watching all.

"Turn what off," the admin replied coolly.

"Respawn, you damn idiot!" Hels pulled out his sword, turning away from the desk Xisuma was chained at.

He faced the corner where Scar was standing, but looked down. There was Joe, sitting on the floor next to Scar's feet, ankles and wrists bound with magical ropes. "Or I will kill Joe."

"But the thing is, Hels, you need Joe. He's making all your magical bits and bobs so you can dominate the world." Xisuma leaned back, thinking deeply about the situation.

He knew about the special feature that all evil alters were capable of doing: causing a permadeath.

But he wouldn't do it...

Not when he needed Joe to make sure that Scar's body stayed healthy enough to host Hels.

The admin shuddered internally. That thought alone was disgusting in of itself.

"Do I really? Huh, I didn't know that, Ehsooma."

Behind the visor, X rolled his eyes at the butchered pronunciation of his name.

"I know that I'm smart, and I know how to get. What. I. Want." Hels didn't take his eyes off of the poet, Joe trying not to squirm under his glowing stare.

Hels shadowy form slowly started inching closer to Joe. "Xisuma. Do. It."

He's gonna do it... "Hels, wait-"

"DO IT, OR HE DIES." Hels moved with sudden speed, like a snake launching itself at its prey. His iron sword was at Joe's side in an instant, an ominous red glow replacing what would have been a purple and blue.

Permadeath.

"H-Hels, I cannot- I can't-"

"Time's wasting, Xisuma. Tick... tick... tick..." Hels inched the sword ever closer.

Joe broke his attentive silence. "Don't do it, X!"

"X, please do it." Scar was the one who spoke up this time, his eyes blank. "I-I don't want Joe to die..."

"But I can't let him-"

I can't let him die.

Joe knows things, things on how to stop Hels.

Slowly, Xisuma brought his fingers to the screen in front of him. The tips of his fingers flirted away, typing the fastest he ever had.

Hels smiled, sword pulling away a millimeter, not fully lowering it.

Xisuma didn't notice.

A few moments later, a ding sounded from the screens.

"There..." Xisuma stretches his fingers in front of him, screens powering down. He turned to Hels...

...seeing a sword stabbing Joe's side, blood pooling onto the floor.

"JOE!" Xisuma tried to rush to his friend's aid, but he forgot about the ropes tying him to the chair he was sitting on.