[30] (aka 29 pt 2)

"Kieran...the fuck kinda name is that?" Emmanuel physically tries to calm down, to approach this situation with a level head, but he was never one for serenity.

"It's... my name."

"I asked a questi-"

"Which I answered, intruder. My name is Kieran, and I'm here. Talking to you..." The voice goes silent, the air growing colder still.

Em suppressed something akin to a growl, forcing himself to stand down enough to function. "Don't- don't scare me like that. It's already eerie enough here, don't need more ghost shit." Emmanuel goes to sit on the tomb, shivering as the temperature drops substantially. He stands up at once, throwing a middle finger to the ghost, wherever they are. "Fine, then. I'm Emmanuel. Call me Em or intruder I don't care."

"Pleasure to meet someone, even if it's you."

"Are you ever not an asshole?" Em could almost feel the ghost's smirk. "Whatever."

"How have you not put it together. I certainly have. You're an Aetherian, an angel more specifically. A..." The voice circles him as it speaks, "seemingly powerful one at that. I haven't seen this much power in nearly a century..."

"Hands off, creep."

The cold air moves back from the angel. "Yes yes, I know. I wasn't thinking a thing-"

"Liar."

"-that would land me in a modern-day jail." The room goes silent at the end of the joke.

"...you're a really bad liar." Em can't help but chuckle, adding to the layer of dark humor encompassing the room.

"Now, with that out of the way, and seeing as I've answered your question, then you might as well be on your way." The winds picked up, warmth and chill mixing as the air pushed him towards the exit. It was (almost) impressive how the near-silent room was filled with a cacophony of swirls and whirls of air pressure in the blink of an eye.

"Wait no I- Kieran there's-" Then it dawns on him. "Whose tomb.....WHOSE TOM-"

The winds stopped. "I heard you the first time, angel. How about you come over here and read the inscription."

Emmanuel was gently guided back into the room with the chill wind, which helped to have blown some spare netherrack dust off the top.  With careful eye, he scanned the surface of the tomb, taking a sharp breath with widened eyes as the translation.

⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ꖎ╎ᒷᓭ ꖌ╎ᒷ∷ᔑリ, ⎓𝙹⚍リ↸ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⍑ᒷᔑ⍊ᒷリ ᔑリ↸ ⎓ᔑꖎꖎᒷリ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⍑ᒷꖎꖎ. ᒲᔑ|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ∷ᒷᓭℸ ̣ ⚍!¡𝙹リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓵꖎ𝙹⚍↸ᓭ 𝙹⎓ ↸∷ᒷᔑᒲᓭ.

"Here lies Kieran, Founder to heaven and Fallen to hell. May they rest upon the clouds of dreams. Founder. YOU'RE the Founder!" Emmanuel exclaims, nearly stumbling backwards over his feet.

"Yes, and you have no idea how happy I am to see you, my Knight." The temperature plummets.

Em almost doesn't recognize what the Founder says, almost. "I'm- sorry?"

"You came here searching for me, for a Purpose, to be my Knight, isn't that correct, Emmanuel?"

"That's-" He stops, not sure what to say. Curiosity? Need? Desire? Why did he come here?

The ghost audibly tilts their head. "Yes, my Champion?"

"...I needed to know. If it was their fault... or yours. The books they have don't really play fair, y'know. I d-didn't think- like- your knight? Champion?" He tries to lighten the mood with a laugh, but it's strained.