[6]

"And this is the mansion." Grian swooped down to the jungle floor, the monstrosity of a base greeting cat and human.

'It's so... big.'

"I tried," Grian laughed.

'This doesn't happen often, but I'm impressed.'

Grian placed a hand over his heart in fake shock, mouth in the shape of an O. Jellie just rolled her eyes—like the sassy kitty she is—and started up the grand staircase. Grian called out to her, "Actually, that part isn't done yet. It's downstairs that's my room."

Jellie teleported down a story and straight into the trading hall, Grian rushing after her.

'How do you sleep with all this noise?' Jellie muttered inside Grian's brain.

"You just learn to," was his answer, coming down into the hall. Jellie harrumphed before going to place herself on Grian's bed. "Make yourself at home, why don't you." Grian grabbed some shulkers and stuffed them to the brim with various stock for the barge, looking ever-so fleetingly at the empty mystery boxes yet to be filled.

^*^

Hels knew, from the moment Scar had brought him back and told him his plan, that it wasn't going to go how Scar wanted it to.

And he made sure of it.

Slowly walking up to Grian, who was stocking one of the chests in his barge, and tapping his shoulder, the red sweater-wearing Watcher turned around, startled. "Oh, hey Wels! What can I do for ya?" Grian closed the lid to the chest as he spoke, slipping the now-empty shulker into his inventory.

"You still have mycelium for sale?" Hels prayed to the gods down below that Scar's illusionary magic was working.

"Sure do! Right around the corner..." Grian raised an eyebrow, smirking at the seemingly-harmless knight.

Hels made his way over to the special chest and placing in a few diamonds, retrieving his purchased goods and rocketing out the open roof.

"I hate mycelium."

^*^

"Hello everyone and welcome back! Today, we have a new member joining us!" Grian directed everyone's attention with a point of his hand at Hels. "Welsknight! Welcome to the Resistance!"

"Glad to be here." Hels shifted uncomfortably under the smiles and stares of the members, Etho the only one not smiling; he was frowning, eyes narrowed, sending imaginary daggers at the knight's head. Hels stared right back at him, challenging the ninja, who instantly backed down, directing his attention to the Mother Spore.

"Today, we need to go place some more mycelium around the shopping district. So go grab a couple shulkers each and meet me at the surface." Casting a glance filled with mixed emotions at Hels, Grian walked side-by-side with Stress and Impulse to the storage room, the other members trailing behind them.

Etho stood and walked over to Hels. "Are you ready?"

Hels nodded, following after the ninja. "These nerds don't know what they've done."

Etho's eyes widened slightly, causing Hels to snicker. Taking the ninja off to the side, he spoke in a harsh whisper. "I have my own agenda for this Notch-d***ed server. Now, if you don't get in my way, I may spare you. Understand?"

Etho nodded quickly, starting to hyperventilate. "Good." Hels followed behind Grian and the other members, the storage room slowly being depleted of its fungi-filled boxes.

That's when Etho knew... Scar had f***ed up.

^*^

Xisuma sat in his base, looking over the server logs. 'No incidents, no lines of anyone abnormal logging on, nothing.' He sighed, disappointed. The technical windows on his helmet visor had not revealed anything to confirm his suspicions. Everything had been normal.

Well, almost everything.

Flashback to three days prior

"Howdy Xisuma!" Joe hills floated downwards on his elytra, landing inside the main building.

Xisuma glanced upward, noticing the Hermit. "Hello Joe! What brings you by?"

"Just wanted to inform you of sumthin'. I happened to be meanderin' through the shoppin' district when I heard a voice from in Town Hall. A voice that didn't belong (666 words-) to a Hermit."

Xisuma closed the chest he was working in, accidentally catching his fingers under the lid. "What do you mean, Joe?" he asked, cradling his now-injured hand. 'Shoulda put my gloves on-'

As if Joe could see through Xisuma's expression through the helmet, he responded, "It's not EX. I haven't a clue who it could be, though..."

"Thank you for telling me."

Joe nodded his head, blasting off on a single rocket.

End flashback

Xisuma equipped his elytra, flying from his base and into the sky. He didn't need this. He already had to put out another video, or his fans would get worried. That happens when you post as often as he does.

He just needed a break.

What he really needed was for someone to take over for him.

He needed a break.

And fast.

^*^

Ey, slightly shorter chapter but still nonetheless important af.

Also, enjoy the art I did! It's the crystal Scar used to summon Hels! ^-^

:D

Maya <3