ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀs (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ)

Everyone looked at Hanako and (Name) with a shocked expression. Mirai had finally revealed the truth... that Yashiro would die soon.

(Name) held her unconscious friend in her arms, avoiding all eye contact. Hanako stood right side her.

"No more time left...?" Kou asked. "Wha... what does that mean?! Hanako! (Surname)-senpai!"

"It means just what it sounds like," a man's voice said. There was an old man with a cloak behind Kou. He patted his head, making Kou shrink back into a young boy.

"I'm back?!" Kou asked.

"Well, well," Akane said, "look who finally decided to grace us with his presence. We wouldn't have had to deal with any of this is you were here from the start. You really are twisted Kako."

"Please," Kako said, "I am never late. All I have to do is turn back time and return things to their original state."

"Turn back time?!" Kou asked. "So you mean he's..!"

"Yes," Akane responded. "The third clock keeper who governs the past. He has the power to turn time back. He's kind of our leader. Since he's the oldest."

"He governs the past..." Kou repeated. "So you call him Kako because it means past?"

"Who cares what the supernaturals names are?" Akane deadpanned. "Anyway, isn't there something you should be concerned about?"

He pointed at Hanako and (Name) who were caring for Yashiro.

"Oh yeah!" Kou turned to them. "Senpai... what happened to her? Come on guys! Explain what the heck's going on!"

"This is why we told you to be careful," Hanako said. "We told you not to let the future clock keeper touch Yashiro."

Kou looked hurt by what Hanako said.

"It's not like we managed to stop her either," (Name) added. She set Yashiro against a wall and stood up finally. "We can't really blame you..."

They turned to Kou and the clock keepers behind him.

"It's simple!" Hanako smiled. "She tried to move Yashiro's time forward but Yashiro didn't have enough time to move forward."

"Yashiro is going to die within the next year," (Name) admitted.

Kou stared at us. "What...? How long have you two known?!"

"How long...?" asked Hanako.

"From the beginning?" (Name) said , sounding more like she'd been asking a question than stating a fact.

"The beginning..?" Kou asked. "You mean.."

"Just so you know," Hanako said, "it's not because I tied her fate to mine, okay? It was always her destiny. First of all, only people who're close to the far shore can summon me to begin with. Someone with a powerful sixth sense like you or someone who's death isn't very far off."

"And, I knew when Yashiro saw me in the garden," (Name) explained. "I often watched over the people caring for the garden, so when Yashiro barged in and suddenly saw me I knew something was off. That's why I decided to become a student at this school again, after all."