ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

The people who always helped them when they were in a bind... where the people who were currently preventing them from getting out of one. Yet, Yashiro still had a spark of hope that maybe things would turn out in their favor.

She was shamed for her idea.

"You really are such a foolish girl," Shijima said. "So you'll meet them. Then you'll talk. And then what will you do?"

"Uh then..." Yashiro tried to look on the more optimistic side of things. "I'll make sure to convince them for sure! And then we can go back to our world. I'm sure if we talk it out, Hanako-kun and (Surname)-chan!"

"I see!" Kou added.

"You might be able to convince No. 0, but I still doubt it'll go that well for No. 7," Shijima said. "I feel as if I should be congratulating you."

"Huh?" Yashiro asked.

"Really?" Kou asked, his expression brightening.

"If you stay carefree like that, this world will finish and you won't be able to go home, you know," Shijima explained. "Convincing those two can come later, leaving this world is the most important thing we have to do now."

Yashiro placed her thumb on her chin. "But even if you tell me to convince them, how should I do it?"

"I got it!" Kou snapped his fingers and pointed towards Shijima. "You're the one who made this world, right?"

"Well, yes..." Shijima murmured.

"Then you should be able to do anything you want!" Kou grasped his staff, electricity beginning to spark from it. He yanked on Shijima's shirt in an attempt to pin and threaten her. "Let us out of here! If I don't, I'll beat you up!"

Shijima grinned, seemingly unfazed. Within seconds, she had Kou tied up in the ropes that she was in earlier and hung him upside down from the ceiling. He shut his eyes with embarrassment as the blood began to rush to his head.

Shijima pat her hands and sighed as if taking Kou down was the simplest thing she'd done all day. Yashiro glanced at Shijima, admiring her strength while Mitsuba pitifully looked at Kou.

"Hey! Listen up!" Mitsuba called, while scratching Kou. "But No. 4, can't you at least stop this world from finishing? I dunno what went down but don't you intend on helping us all out?"

"Well, I do intend to help you guys at least but..." Shijima said. "I'm unable to slow the completion of this drawing. It's also impossible for me to allow you all to leave this world. I'm unable to, at least."

"How come?" Yashiro questioned.

"All of us school mysteries have rules that exist in our boundaries," Shijima said. "It's similar to how No. 5's 4pm bookstacks cannot change the future in written books. I can't stop drawing my pictures. I am also not able to simply let all of you go, because there some more rules set in place."

"Rules set in place..." Yashiro muttered, thinking back to what Shijima had told her earlier. "You mean killing, Hanako-kun, (Surname)-chan, and Mitsuba-kun?"

Mitsuba aggressively flinched as if it was the first he'd heard of this information.

"But I just can't do that," Yashiro admitted.

"I see," Shijima said. "Well if that's the case, why not get No. 3 to make an explosion and blow up Honorable No. 7 and Lady No. 0. Two birds with one stone!"

Mitsuba finally interfered with the conversation, his tone about leaving completely changing. "What are you talking about?! No way! It'd be better to all just be happy and live here together! I know I was dead originally but Minamoto-kun helped me be happy. Nah, let's all just live here!"