ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀɪᴍ ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ's sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄᴇ

"Aoi-chan was probably taken to under the school," Hanako explained, "No. 6's boundary."

He held a slip of paper while clicking multiple different buttons on the elevator.

"Hanako-kun," Yashiro asked. "What are you doing?"

"To activate this elevator, you need to press numbers in a specific order." The buttons made a beeping sound as Hanako continued to click on them.

The elevator began to creak and started to move again. "It's moving..!" Akane said.

"We are now heading to the boundary that is closest to the far shore," Hanako said.

"Are you sure Ao-chan is really there?" Akane asked.

"I think it's quite likely," (Name) said. "The eight mysteries can only demonstrate their true power in their boundaries, after all."

They continued to descend a bit further in the elevator, before completely meeting a stop. A large ding rang through the air indicating that they'd reached their destination.

"Come on," Hanako said, "we're here."

As they exited the elevator, water splashed beneath Yashiro and Akane's feet. Pink scales appeared on Yashiro's ankles. It proved that they were indeed inside of a boundary. Hanako and (Name) flew above the water side by side, glancing around the area.

The boundary almost felt deserted, with only the sky and a few candle lit structures scattered around. Everyone continued forward, leaving behind the elevator that brought them there.

"Nene-chan! Aoi-san!" (Name) called.

"Over here!" Hanako said.

The two of them stood in front of a door, gesturing for Akane and Yashiro to follow them.

"A door...?" Yashiro asked.

"I'm opening it," Hanako said.

Hanako swung the door open and a large gust of wind howled at them, causing a few flower pedals to flutter in their direction. Inside the door were multiple bridges and traditional Japanese styled houses. A few large flowers, some fully bloomed and some not, were spread throughout the boundary.

"What.. is this place..?" Yashiro asked. "Is this No. 6's boundary? Is Aoi somewhere in here?"

"Most likely," Hanako replied. "He seems to have some sort of goal, after all. No. 6 who serves as a king, is the most mysterious supernatural. He hasn't caused any trouble up until now but because this event only occurs once every year, there are many things I don't know myself. So since I'm not 100% sure as to what's happening, be careful."

Yashiro gulped and hugged the weaved basket that Aoi had dropped earlier. She swallowed back her fear and tried to keep her determination.

We'll save you soon! Yashiro thought. I hope he doesn't do anything before then...!!

• • •

Inside one of the Japanese houses, sat No. 6 of the school mysteries. He looked up at a board that had the entire layout of the school on it.

"Report for Honorable No. 6!" a toy rooster called.

"What is the situation at the school?" No. 6 asked.

A few one eyed creatures responded in their own language that No. 6 apparently knew.

"Yeah, around this place?" No. 6 asked. "Supernaturals are appearing... for a costume competition?"

The creatures gestured that he was wrong and spoke again.

"Ah, they're threatening students," No. 6 said. "I see... I see... I can't do enough by myself to stop them. Getting the Kannagi-sama was the correct decision."