ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsᴀᴋɪ sᴛᴀɪʀs

While (Name) spent her time in a completely different boundary, Yashiro still had to spend time in school. Though, her mind wasn't on school at all. In fact, (Name)'s disappearance and behavior was all that she could think about.

What Hanako had said the past day bugged her as well. At the time, she hadn't really thought about it, but she noticed how (Name)'s behavior seemed slightly off when he said that too. Her thoughts were cut off when Aoi yelled her name.

"Nene-chan!" Aoi said, from beside her. "Are you listening?"

Yashiro glanced at Aoi, who was watering the plants she was taking care of, in our classroom.

"S-Sorry," she stuttered out.

"You're always staring off into space," Aoi asked. "Do you have a new crush?"

Yashiro sighed. "I wish."

"Are you possibly worried about (Surname)-san ?"

Aoi had hit it right on the nail. Yashiro couldn't get (Name) off her mind. Aoi tried to tell Yashiro about another rumor that was going around to try and calm her down. In the end, she only felt more stressed out.

"W-which staircase is this?" Yashiro asked.

"Stairway B in front of the art room," Aoi said. "A ton of kids say they've seen pools of blood!"

Yashiro shivered.

"Huh?" Aoi asked. "I thought you liked these stories, Nene-chan."

"I do like them!" Yashiro claimed. She kept any other comments she had to herself. Aoi gripped her hand.

"Good!" she said. "I'm not a fan of scary stories, but I can tell you as many as you want. If it'll make you feel better."

"Aoi.." Yashiro muttered. It wasn't long before Aoi had to leave for guidance counseling. She assured me that (Name) was likely fine and that she'd fine many more scary stories to share. Yashiro decided to not admit the fact that she didn't want to really hear about them. Before leaving herself, Yashiro glanced at the flowers on the window, that were slowly beginning to bloom.

• • •

Yashiro headed to the bathroom in a panic. (Name) still hadn't showed up and to make matters worse, Aoi disappeared. Not a single person had any memory of her.

Before she could get super far, she bumped head first into a brown haired guy.

Yashiro rubbed her nose, frantically trying to apologize. The boy helped her to her feet but of course Yashiro's mind deserted to only one thing.

A hot guy! she thought.

He gave her back her phone with a smirk on his face. "Here, you dropped this."

"T-thank you very much!" She grabbed the phone, watching the boy, in awe, as he walked of. Then her mind trailed back to what it was on before. She tried to erase the guy from her mind as she rushed to the girls bathroom.

"She vanished?" Hanako asked, after Yashiro explained everything to him. "Hmm..."

"Don't 'hmmm' me!" Yashiro said. "You were gone all day! Now look what time it is!"