Cheek on the shoulder

Ashton's POV:

"Well isn't she a pretty little thing," My mom said as she made her way back to the sofa. I sat where I was sitting before. I hope villa found the room. I thought. she looked extremely tired.

"You know, your father didn't mean it like that" she stared. I stayed here just for that conversation so I can explain to her my behavior.

"I know" I replied. I saw jack, who works here as a house worker and I mouthed " a small pack of whiskey please" and nodded.

"You know me, besides work, I don't see anything else " I started.

"And no offense but I'm still not used to Liam"

"I am certainly aware of that fact," she said looking at her floor, clutching her palms around a glass of whisky.

"But... you know that it's not about you"

"I know" she smiled still looking at the tiles.

"Ash... I think there's something I need to tell you..."

"Huh?" for a second she looked right at me but then she looked away.

"Ahh forget that, tell me honestly what's going on between you two?" she asked changing the subject as she came a bit closer to me and grinned. She definitely is the coolest ma. I chuckled at her actions.

I smiled too. Jack brought my whiskey and I just stared at it.

"I don't know," I said smilingly.

"But you're smiling"

"She asked me out a few days ago" I looked at her.

"Wait! what? She...asked...YOU out?" her mouth hung opened and I chuckled.

"She did"

"How? and what did you say?"

"I said no"

She arched her eyebrows and asked me why. "whyyyyyy?"

"You don't like her?"

"No... I like her..." I replied without wasting any time. "I like her so much but it just I don't know.. she feels ...different and I'm not sure if I should explore that difference..." I gazed at my glass of whisky and took a sip this time.

"I understand," she said relaxingly as she sat back. Resting her head on the headboard of the sofa, she looked up at the chandelier and she took a deep breath and suddenly she smiled.

"It was the same for me" she started. I sat back too comfortably ready to listen. I too rested my neck back and looked up.

"Your dad...he felt different too and I was very unsure of that difference, you won't believe I rejected him for like six times in a row but... the strange thing was he knew... that I was the one...he wanted me and he was clear about that...maybe just like villa..." I diverged my attention to her. She was still staring up.

"I saw her, looking at you whenever you're not looking, she checks up on you every single time. she barely ate anything today... since you left she left her plate too"

"Yeah I know" I bit my lip and chuckled. " She didn't ask me anything, she just sat there with me and didn't even ask what happened or what is wrong like any other people and I really liked that..." I opened up.

"Well, about that, she said no to everything!" She exclaimed. "Can you believe and she doesn't even like to doll up" she whispered funnily and I chuckled knowing she's not really friendly.