Death

Villa's POV:

I was having breakfast, alone at the corner of the cruise ship. Gizelle and my other friends were dancing wearing their bikinis while I stayed in my pajamas. I wasn't feeling well. There was this tingling in my stomach that was not going away. It started when I came to Italy.

Gizelle mouthed 'come on' to me and I shook my face and smiled poorly. She understood and respected my privacy. She knew I needed time and I needed to be left alone. I couldn't reach Alex for three days now, so there were no updates. I was worried and I wanted to see Ashton. I tried video calling him again. 

I smiled, looking at his profile picture. It was the first-ever picture of us together in japan. I wanted to be with him. I still had hope that he might wake up even though there were no chances. The video call ended, as usual, no one picked it up.

I threw my iPad away from me and rested back as I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and started focusing on the ocean's waves crashing and feeling the wild wind. My skin had been tried and my lips were almost close to cracking. 

Ding!

I didn't budge. I was trying not to be bothered by that one popped-up notification because I knew it was just from some clothing brand that was holding some kind of sale.

I'm gonna kill Alex! I hissed and took the iPad in my hands again due to curiosity.

"What if it's from Alex?" got the best of me and opened it immediately and I regret doing this my whole life.

I shouldn't have done that.

It was a notification. A celebrity news notification. The headline was:

SHOCKING NEWS: ASHTON STORM KNIGHTS DIES IN HIS SLEEP. 

I didn't know what was happening but my heart was racing like anything. there was this pain in my chest and My mouth went try and I felt cold. For a second I felt like my soul left my body.

With my shaky hands, I tapped on the ad and bravely read more.

Ashton knights, which was in a coma for the past six months, tragically died today...

That was in, I put my iPad aside and I stood up. I rested my palm on my heart because the pain was unbearable. I was losing my balance and I felt dizzy. I went near to the ship's railing and held it tight for support. I felt like vomiting. I looked down into the ocean.

I was seeing Ashton everywhere. My vision was filled with memories of Ashton and me as my ears were hearing the laughing and chatting sounds of us.

If I had to define this moment, I'd say this was the moment when you're scared and adrenaline is rushing through your body everywhere, you feel your eyes heavy, your heart is pounding like crazy, you can hear a faint sad song like you're world has collapsed and there was this emptiness that was filled by nothingness. 

"Villa, I'm here!" I heard Ashton. I was lost as I stared at him in his liquid form. 

Can someone really call you from down there, down from the deep water? 

"Come here villa, I'm tired, Let's go home... come to me," tears were flowing down my face. I had longed for these words.

Going deep is my thing. I feel like if we won't go deep then we'll never taste the real. The real, is probably a strange word, a strange myth. I won't ever understand the world but I would definitely try - till death do me apart from my mother earth. 

I didn't feel the heavy chest until I was resisting the gravity. It was pulling me in, trying to consume me.

"Come here!" Ashton's voice echoed again. My hair was falling shamelessly over my head, looking down at him. My palm was slowly losing its grip on the grill 

Soon, My body was slipping and I let my body go free. I was being jumped by me. 

Just like Harley did for the joker, I was in Between those huge giant mountains, in deep deep water, my hair floating, my legs drowning, my hands were not trying to save me from drowning, I could barely open my eyes at that moment. I was lost in emotions. I was in the deep water. It was cold there. Very cold.

My body was going down to find him. I was drowning deep and deep. My lungs were now filled with water. I couldn't breathe soon the whole body was shutting down. I could see the rays of the sun penetrating inside the ocean but didn't find Ashton. Slowly the light fade away and I was met with darkness.

Wanna know why it came to all of this?

The main story starts from here. the story of Ashton and Villa. The American couple in the history.

Let's go back to the past.