Farmer Lady of Fortune, Imperial Concubine, Don't be too sweet - Chapter 24.2

Out of the door, Grandpa Lu's lofty and magnificent halo moments ago vanished in an instant, and his feet felt weak as he trudged on the road.

Did he really, like, order a thousand wine jars?

"Ahem! Nannan, our wine will sell, won't it?"

Liu Yusheng nodded her head hard, her little titular voice booming, "Sure can!"

"A thousand...is not many, right?"

"Not much! A thousand isn't enough to sell!"

"Well, Nannan is right. A thousand of such good wine will definitely not be enough to sell. Your grandpa has a long-term vision and will plan ahead. Let's set it a thousand at a time so that when the time comes, we won't have too much in our hands for insufficient preparations!"

"Grandpa is the best!" The little kiss from Nannan was like a pin in the heart. Grandpa Liu's bent waist straightened up again in an instant.

If unsold, drink it by themselves! The three of them can drink everything together for a year, so they don't have to spend money on alcohol!

When they returned home to break the news, the other members of the family were again struck dumb.

Then each scattered and to do their own work.

Grandpa Liu stood there stupefied. What is this? Silent protest? Silent condemnation?

Grandma Liu rolled her eyes, "What are you doing, go to work!  After ordering so many jars, are you not going to work hard to do it right? Whether it works in the end or not, how can you three men with your hands and feet and your strength let the women and children starve to death? How big a deal!"

"...." Who was the one who didn't even dare to make a decision in the first place? Grandpa Liu's heart finally settled down. He inched closer to his wife's face and whispered, "Wife, you're still as beautiful as ever."

The old woman hastened to push the old man away with one hand. Her wrinkled face was a little red accompanied by her scolding, "Get away! Nannan is watching! This old shameless man!"

She spat and turned around, heading to the vegetable patch behind the house.

"Nannan, grandpa was just complimenting your grandma!" With a dry cough, Grandpa Liu struggled hard to put on a serious expression.

Liu Yusheng also nodded solemnly, "Nannan knows, grandpa praised grandma!"

"Yes!" Grandpa Liu glanced towards the back of the house and raised his voice, "Grandpa boasted that Grandma is the best!"

Behind the house, Grandma Liu, who plucked a young vegetable seedling by mistake, murmured something secretly with a smile brightening her whole face.

Over the next few days, the days went back to business as usual.

In the morning, Liu Yusheng would often follow her grandfather, father, and second uncle to the fields and covertly released some Lingquan (spiritual spring water).

The vegetable patch at the back of her house was also the focus of her care. The vegetable seedlings a few days ago have now grown into a lush greenery that would soon be ready for the table.

Occasionally, she would accompany her father to the back of Xinghualing Mountain to see the grape grove and take notes of the growth of the grapes.

The family also cleared out a utility room in the west wing, where the large jars will be stored.

Even the cellar has been reorganized to make as much space as possible for the wine jars.

Ten days flew in a flash, and the three Liu family members went to pick up the goods, pulling the Li family's wagon back and forth a dozen times, before all the jars were moved back.

Such a big commotion naturally also caused shock and curiosity in the village. Many people came to the door to pry for news, all were sent back by Grandma Liu saying that they're going to brew something at home.

The family is working on something new, so the two brothers, Liu Zhixia and Liu Zhiqiu, did not go out after school, which was rare. They would linger around the wine jars, touching here and there.

"Zhixia, Zhiqiu! I've come to play with you!" Outside the door, Dabao yelled at the top of his lungs while running in.

"What brings you here?" Liu Zhiqiu asked.

"You still ask. Since you both refuse to come out, of course I'll have to come and see you." Dabao grumbled and then followed suit, reaching out and touching the wine jars, "I just saw the little lunatic at the village entrance ... Axiu. He just sits on top of a boulder in front of the woods without speaking or playing with us, he's really weird."

T/N: Yup, Axiu is really weird, cute anyway...