74

Chapter 74.1
With the end of the year fast approaching, everyone was looking forward to earning a bit more before the year ended and have a fruitful New Year.

While passing by the village entrance on the way to the Liu residence, Qian Baihao had already seen the construction and scale of the winery on the carriage. Thus, he smilingly imparted, "My son told me before that all matters related to the winery had been handed over to the Liu family's Xiao Nannan, and I want to confirm now too. Everything at the winery will be left to the Liu family with Xiao Nannan in charge. We won't interfere much. The Qian family has only shared capital, so the rest is left to the Liu family and the villagers of Xinghua Village to run. This brewery isn't only owned by my family, but also by the Xinghua Village, by everyone!"

The resounding, powerful speech, like a reassuring pill, was delivered to everyone's mouths and landed in their hearts. The villagers grinned from ear to ear.

"Uhm, Master Qian, if I may take the liberty to ask." Li Da stood up boldly and rubbed his hands, his swarthy face overly cautious. "My family burns porcelain. Previously, when Brother Liu's family sold wine, we've produced the wine jars they used. I brought one over to show Brother Liu. I also wanted to ask if and when the winery is officially up and running, we can win over the chance to produce wine jars for the winery. In fact, my son, Li Ping, asked Nannan about this matter before. But we were worried that Nannan was caught in a dilemma for our sake. So while Master Qian is here this time, I thought I'd ask you myself. If it won't do, there's no harm about it. We're just, uhm, fighting for the chance..."

Qian Baihao took the wine jar that Li Da handed over and examined it carefully in his hands.

He inspected the shape, felt the quality, and nodded in satisfaction. "Is this wine jar produced by Old Brother's home? The quality is really good. The porcelain has a uniform color with a smooth and thick feel to it. This craftsmanship is comparable to the porcelain workshop of the Qian family; the quality isn't inferior. I've said earlier that all matters of the winery are entrusted to Xiao Nannan. Then these trivial matters are also handed over to her to decide. The Qian family supports her and holds no objection."

Li Da was so stunned it took him a while to recover. A smile blossomed on his face and he rubbed his hands back and forth with excitement, joy engulfing every layer of his heart. "Really, really? Great, great!" With Master Qian's nod of approval, the Liu family wouldn't be caught in an awkward position, so he was relieved.

In this way, the Li family producing wine jars for the winery was like a nail in the coffin. The villagers showed envious eyes and congratulated him. In the hall, harmony reigned.

The children got bored, listening to the adults talking about business. They looked at each other and slipped out quietly when the adults weren't looking.

As they left, they didn't forget to take a few cakes with them and stuffed them in their pockets.

"Now that I'm here, I shouldn't be leaving any time soon. I will stay in the country. If I have time, I'll visit more often. Blessed Baby, after the winery is completed, you can start recruiting. If there's anything I can do, just let me know." With his Maitreya-like belly sticking up, the golden glittering Qian Wanjin walked to Liu Yusheng. "Also, have you decided what kind of wine you're going to brew? It's October now, and the year will soon be over. There aren't many fruits available to make fruit wine this time of year. What do you have in mind?"

"I've already prepared a wine recipe long ago. It's a medicinal wine that Aunt Wanrong gave me, and it has several healing properties. You can take the recipe later and get someone to examine it for you. As for the fruit wine, you'll have to wait until next spring to add seasonal varieties. There's no rush on this one. We'll be doing a long-term business in the future, so let's do this little by little. Anyway, it will definitely get better and better." The little child spoke in a consistent and orderly manner. If not for seeing her with his own eyes, he would barely believe that she was but a little child of only three years old.

"I believe you, do as you wish." While speaking, Qian Wanjin gave Axiu a sidelong glance, his eyes unabashedly provocative.

Page 2 of 2
That just got him frickin' infuriated. He was being provocative, but the guy didn't even spare him a glance, treating him like air. The feeling was like a punch on cotton, so boring.

Axiu was indeed ignoring him. In his eyes, Qian Wanjin was a passerby and had nothing to do with him. If it wasn't for Shengsheng, they would never have crossed paths with each other.

Liu Zhixia and Liu Zhiqiu complained dejectedly next to him, "We're out to play. Can we stop talking about wine recipes and brewing all the time? It's so boring. Do you guys want to play or not?"

"Of course we play!" Qian Wanjin replied quickly. "Let's play whatever you say!"

"Why don't we play hide and seek?"

"No, no, no, where can I hide in this blessed state? I can't fit anywhere, I'm too disadvantaged, I won't play!"

"What about chicken leg fight, do you play or not?"

"Chicken leg fight? What's that?"

Liu Zhixia and Liu Zhiqiu then demonstrated at once.

At first glance, it was just two people jumping around on one foot and bumping into each other. Qian Wanjin turned green. "I won't play, won't play. What chicken leg fight? You're just bullying me! You think I can jump?" He could barely stand on one foot as a cock did despite exerting himself, how much more for chicken leg, plus jumping and hitting someone? They must be kidding!

Four people looked at Qian Wanjin in unison, then silently averted their gazes. How tragic, body size limited imagination.

"Then... let's go to the village entrance and find friends to play with!"

"The village entrance is too far. I can't walk that far, not going!"

Every time a proposal was exported, it was immediately forcefully refuted by Qian Wanjin. Liu Zhixia and Liu Zhiqiu took a deep breath. If this person was other than the Young Boss, he would have already been beaten.

His arguments could make one fly into a rage.

"Are we still going to play or what? Why don't you suggest, Young Boss! What are we going to play?"

Qian Wanjin coughed: "Let's fight over wine. Whoever drinks more wins. We're all kids, so we aren't going to drink anything with a high alcohol content, just fruit wine."

"..."

The others looked at him and wiggled their way into the house. All this time, he has been keeping half an eye on the wine in their house.

Was this a game? This was gluttony!

"Eh! Don't go, guys! This happens every time. I'm not finished yet! Just listen to me..."

"There's nothing to talk about. The fruit wine that can be sold to you has already been sold. There's only half a vat left at home, so don't get any ideas." Liu Yusheng said helplessly.

"Half a vat?! That can fill at least 70 or 80 jars. What's wrong with me having a taste of it? You're so stingy. When have I ever come here and not brought you gifts and goodies? To haggle over it is to treat me as an outsider, you know?" Qian Wanjin bashfully inched closer to Liu Yusheng and thought of how to lure her into giving him more fruit wine. "Lucky Nannan,  how about this? Can you give me another 20 or 30 jars so I can take them home and show filial piety to my elders? My grandfather is similar to me. He's a bigger glutton than me! I pay you silver."

Before Liu Yusheng could say anything, Axiu all but cut into the middle of the two, rigidly ripping the distance between them.

Qian Wanjin glared at him, the corners of his mouth twitching.

This person must be his nemesis!

Why was he such an eyesore?!