62

Chapter 62.1
"Wait a little longer. When she wakes up, we'll ask for the secret recipe and leave immediately. With it, we'd be masters in the future. Think about it. How much do you think we'll be able to sell wine in the capital? Unfortunately, that boy, Third Chen, was so unlucky and short-lived .Otherwise, he could share a piece of the pie with us now."

As Liu Yusheng listened to their conversation, she secretly analyzed the environment they were in.

The air around her was a little cold, a little damp, and mixed with the scent of dirt and rocks. She guessed that she was now in a cave somewhere.

As for the two people who captured her, she had never heard their voices before, but they were hitting on the idea of a secret recipe. They should be living around Xinghua Village. Otherwise, they wouldn't have known that the secret recipe for the fruit wine was hers, a baby.

Quickly assessing the situation she was in, Liu Yusheng pretended to have just woken up and made a noise.

The two people who were talking, immediately fell silent, ran to her side and whispered, "Blessed Baby of Xinghua Village, you brewed the fruit wine. The secret recipe is in your hands. Quickly hand it over, and we'll let you go home!"

Liu Yusheng feigned fright and said, "I-I don't have any secret recipe. I only know how to make wine."

When the two heard this, they were overjoyed and hurriedly asked, "Quickly say how to brew it. Don't ever think of lying to us. If we get to know that you're lying to us, you're dead! You'll never be able to go home again!"

Liu Yusheng nodded immediately, then recited the order in which the fruit wine was made. Naturally, she concealed some of the crucial and undiscoverable steps.

The man named Laizi was suspicious after hearing it, "Buy some wine, wash the grapes, dry them, crush them, throw them in, and then seal them. Stir them once after half a month and then seal them again, and that's it? Is this the secret recipe for making fruit wine? Why is it so simple? Little baby, you're lying, aren't you?"

Liu Yusheng looks like she was on the verge of tears from fright. "No, no, I'm not lying. That's really how the fruit wine is made. This wine was originally made when I was fooling around before. If you don't believe me, just go to the village and ask around. I really didn't lie!"

The baby looked so timid. The two men probably took her word to it or something else, but they didn't ask any further questions.

Then Liu Yusheng heard the footsteps of the two people leaving. Presumably, they went outside to discuss.

She was just unsure; would they release her after discussing, or kill her?

Liu Yusheng didn't dare to bet on humanity.

When they haven't come back, she took out her scalpel from her space and quietly held it in her hand. She strained to keep cutting the rope around her wrists that were tied behind her back.

She must save herself. She couldn't just wait for them to show mercy.

She only took her life in her own hands.

The scalpel was very sharp, and soon, the rope snapped.

Next, Liu Yusheng untied the rope on her feet, but she didn't pull the strip of cloth over her eyes. She only pulled it a little so she could gauge her surroundings.

After her eyes adjusted to the light, she could barely see where she was. It was really just a dark cave and dimly lit. Looking into the cave entrance, she could only see a faint glow.

She didn't know what time it was, but with her sudden disappearance, her two brothers must be terrified. The family must have been freaking out too.

Were they looking for her now? Her family must be very anxious. Her grandparents were getting old, so she didn't know if they could withstand such a blow.

With this in mind, Liu Yusheng couldn't help but start to feel anxious, secretly thinking about how to get out of danger faster.

It was a pity that she couldn't get in her space again. If she could, she would have just hidden there. There would have been no need for her to be so careful and trembling with fear.

Soon, the footsteps of those two people sounded again, coming inside.

Liu Yusheng quickly sat up on her knees, hiding her feet underneath her, and then used a bowl to hide the rope behind her back. In the dim light, as long as they didn't get too close, they couldn't make out the difference.

"Laizi, is it really necessary?"

Page 2 of 2
Hearing this question, Laizi snorted, "What? Are you really going to send her back?  Now that Xinghua Village has built a winery, how can we let her go back and let the village's winery steal our business? Then wouldn't we earn shit? Besides, she's heard our voices. Can you guarantee she won't recognize us if we run into each other? Ande, we've already done everything, so we either give up ro go through to the end. If you fear death, you shouldn't have done this in the first place!"

The ruthlessness in his voice was threatening.

The man named Ande fell silent for a moment and then gave in. "I didn't mean that. I'll do whatever you say!"

If he found it unbearable earlier, it wasn't up to his conscience now. Laizi just said his name.

It was clearly intentional.

His name was already heard, so would he still allow her to go back and report them?

Liu Yusheng's heart sank to the bottom.

When the two spoke, especially the one called Laizi, he didn't lower and muffle his voice again, as if he wasn't afraid that she'd hear them at all.

They really weren't going to let her go back alive.

Would they need to guard against someone who was going to die?

With her small body, it would be difficult to escape from two grown men. It would be as difficult as climbing up to the heavens. Not to mention, she was stuck in a cave with nowhere to run.

The weapons she could use were the scalpel in her hand and a few golden needles.

As the sound of footsteps approached, Liu Yusheng's heartbeat thumped faster and faster. She gripped the scalpel and a golden needle behind her back respectively.

When one man approached, Liu Yusheng shrank and said timidly, "Uncle, can I go home now?"

"Go home?" Laizi smiled strangely and spoke with an undertone, "Yes, of course, Uncle will send you back home. I've heard that people who get involved with the Blessed Baby can get a share of her fortune. Blessed Baby, if I send you home, can you leave a fortune for me, huh?"

While speaking, the man crouched down in front of Liu Yusheng and stripped the black cloth tied around her eyes with one hand.

Liu Yusheng opened her eyes and was confronted with a rotten face and a smile that couldn't hide the killing intent in his eyes.

"Tsk tsk, what a pretty little girl. In a few years, she could have been a little beauty that could be famous in these ten miles and eight villages. It's a pity. Why did you know how to make wine? How did you manage to enrich Xinghua Village? You've shared your fortune with others, yet your life ended badly." Laizi smirked and laughed, his eyes getting more and more murderous, reflecting his eyes burning brightly.

He reached out and strangled the slender neck of the little child.

The man standing a few steps behind him saw the situation and turned his back.

He couldn't bear to look, but didn't stop him.

The blindfold was off, and his face was visible to the little child.

She was bound to die.

If not, they would be the ones to suffer.