116

Chapter 116.1
"You're weak, and your pregnancy is inherently harder than normal. I don't want you to suffer, and I'm content now that we have a pair of children," Liu Dalin hugged his wife and spoke steadily, "Let's bring up the children well, and see them get married and have children."
"When we get old, we'll be like our parents. You'll wipe my sweat and hand me water while I work in the fields. We'll spend our free time together nagging our neighbors under the ancient acacia tree at the entrance to the village, watch the sunset together, and when the kids have little ones, we'll take care of the babies. This life is wonderful."

"Yeah," Chen Xiulan replied softly, hugging the man with a tender smile. "Dalin, it's been nice meeting you."

A short while after dawn, the sound of children laughing and hip-hopping rang out in the courtyard.

Liu Yusheng was the first to get up.

Two of her cousins also stayed yesterday and there were limited rooms. In the end, the mother and daughter, Chen Xiuying and Yang Shuyue, slept in a room, while she slept with her first cousin Yang Shufang in another room.

As a result, she didn't sleep well the whole night. In addition to the strange bed, she wasn't used to sleeping next to someone she wasn't familiar with. She saw the light seeping through the sky in a daze and simply got up.

In a short while, Liu Zhixia also opened the door and came out, followed by Chen Changdong, who was yawning.

Chen Changdong was a chatterbox. With him, the tranquility of the morning was immediately broken.

"Zhixia, Nannan, let's not have breakfast at home later. I'll take you out to eat something delicious." After fetching water and washing his face indiscriminately, Chen Changdong mysteriously bewitched the two kids.

"There's no snack shop in the village, so what delicious food can we eat when we go outside? You're not wanting to shoot wild game, are you?" Lu Zhixia wondered.

"Wild game, no. But it sure is better than the corn flatbread at home. Let's go!"

"Cousins aren't up yet. Aren't we going to wait for them to come along?", Liu Yusheng asked.

"We can't wait. Teenage girls are squirmy and shriek at the slightest thing. It's annoying." Chen Changdong didn't give Liu Yusheng a chance to consider. He went forward and picked her up and strode out, walking speedly as if a ghost was chasing behind him.

Out of the door, Liu Zhixia quipped, "I think you just don't want to bring our two cousins along for fun. I just heard movement and they should be up."

Busted, Chen Changdong gave him a contemptuous look. "I've taken them out with me before to play with my village friends. At some point, a naughty boy kicked a toad out of the curb, and it fell right in front of them. They were scared to death and ran home screaming at the top of their lungs and complained while crying. I got a beating from my father when I got back. They're squeamish, as if they're some city girl who has never seen a toad before."

Liu Zhixia and Liu Yusheng's mouths twitched.

"Nannan, don't worry. I'll definitely not scare you with a toad!"

"..." She really wasn't afraid. Toad skin could be used in medicine, and in her previous life, she had dissected countless of them.

If she were to dissect one, she was afraid that her cousin would be the one scared.

Morning air in the countryside was fresh; it was very quiet and peaceful.

As the sky brightened, a pale red glow rose on the horizon.