75

Chapter 75.1
In a secluded corner of Xiapo Village, Agui and Second Brother tremblingly cowered in the corner with fear, looking at the masked black-clothed man in front of them and the dagger that refracted a cold glint in his other hand.

"G-Great warrior, spare our life. We have told you everything we know, we have absolutely nothing to hide! No other strangers have been here in the last two years except that mother and son!"

"They're living in a cabin at the foot of Luofu Mountain! Once you go, you'll find it! Warrior, please have mercy!"

They hugged each other and kept begging for mercy, even too scared to look him in the eye.

That unwavering look in his eyes made them chilled from the bottom of their hearts.

The black-clothed man's eyes flashed. He coldly looked at the two, and turned to leave.

Behind him, there was no more noise from the corner, only scarlet blood slowly spreading out and soaking the ground.

The smell of blood thickened and filled the space.

The moon hung high up in the mid-autumn sky.

The villagers gathered at the Liu's courtyard dispersed. Qian Baihao and his son rose to take their leave.

As it was on their way, they also gave a ride to Wanrong and her son.

When he left, Qian Wanjin didn't forget to take a big basket of vegetables with him.

Since he had eaten a round of the Liu family's own vegetables, he had never forgotten it.

"Eh, Lucky Nannan, how about we talk business again? Your green vegetables are good. If you can grow them on a large scale, I'll charge twice the market price."

"No." Liu Yusheng didn't even bother to refuse and followed Axiu as he walked to the carriage.

"Why? Do you think you're already too rich to earn more money?" Qian Wanjin followed suit, quite puzzled.

If it were him, he would have been eager to collect all means he could to make money.

"We have enough. Our family isn't competing to be the richest, so why earn so much?" A winery's income was enough to feed and clothe the family. There was no need to make the family work harder just to make more money.

That wasn't her intention.

Ignoring Qian Wanjin who was still racking his brain trying to persuade her, Liu Yusheng tugged on Axiu's sleeve before he got into the car, "Brother Axiu, I'll look for you at the cabin tomorrow morning, hmm."

Axiu grasped the baby's small hand in his and put on a happy face. "Okay, I'll pick you up."

"Then you have to be up earlier. If you're up late, I won't wait for you. I'll come over myself."

"Hmm." Axiu tightened his hold on the soft little hand in his palm and let go before stepping into the carriage.

Seeing that the carriage was about to set off, for some unknown reason, Liu Yusheng felt panicked in her heart. She caught up in a few steps, and pinned her little figure under the window of the carriage and refused to leave. "Brother Axiu, you must come pick me up in the morning, ah. How about – why don't you and aunt stay back today? Just stay at my house, okay?"

The Liu family heard and laughed openly. "Nannan, why are you becoming more and more attached to your Axiu? Alright, better stop making a fuss. If  your brother Axiu won't get up early tomorrow morning, we can also send you to the cabin."

Qian Wanjin, on the other hand, nestled in the carriage and secretly pursed his lips, looking upset at Axiu.

No matter how, he and Lucky Nannan also have a strong relationship. Why couldn't he see her being clingy to him?