i might actually fall for you

You had decided to take the rest of the day off. Your heart still beat louder and faster from the scare of almost losing your life. Your mind focused on the events of the day, oblivious to a certain psychic invading your thoughts.

I can't let her walk alone all the way home with the mark of death on her face. Not because I care, because I don't want the attention from the press if someone dies from our school. It's only been about 5 minutes and she's almost been attacked by a dog with rabies, almost hit by a truck and almost had a piano fall on her. Don't ask how. I don't know.

"Hello, pretty. What are you doing all alone during school hours? Skipping school to have fun?" The voice already meant trouble and the creep put his hand on the wall next to you, blocking your path.
"N-no sir. I'm going home because I'm sick."

You started coughing aggressively, bending down while clenching your stomach.
"And it's VERY contagious," you started again. The man took a step away, his face showing clear signs of worry. You began making ungodly noises from the back of your throat.
"U-uh, I gotta go! I think someone's calling me," he said, panicked almost, while backing away and making a run for it. His face was absolutely hilarious; disgusted, grossed out and repulsed, as if he had been force fed a lemon for the first time.

As soon as he was a safe distance away, you let your laughter rip. You were clenching your stomach, but this time from laughter. You slapped your thighs, wishing someone was there to enjoy the moment with you, unaware of Saiki's presence. You mocked the way the man talked,
"U-uh I GoTtA gO", bursting out into laughter straight after. It was enough to let some air escape Saiki's nose, his lips curling slightly up as he watched you have fun.
Cute. Guess you didn't need my help for that one. However...

You heard a faint scream in the distance, thought nothing of it and continued walking. It was the man who attempted to harass you. Saiki had made his way there and by the time he was done with him, the man had tears and snot rolling down his face, pleading and promising that he would never even look at a girl again.

Don't get the wrong idea. I'd do this for anyone. That could've been my mother. I have morals, you know.

*

He took too long. By the time he teleported back, you were pinned against the fence of someone's house, held at the collar and surrounded by three large men, about twice your size.
"What did you say, bitch?" one yelled, directly in your face, his breath escaping as fog in the cold air.
"I said, I'd never give my number to an asshole like you. What? You're deaf and stupid now?" your eyes shot up, glaring into his.
"You think you're tough?" he reached for your skirt. "You won't be talking all this big shit once we're finished with you."

Saiki was livid. Good grief. I leave for one second and come back to this.
He had already made his way over to the crowd, grabbing the guy's hand before it made contact with your uniform.
Saiki?
Close your eyes. you
You complied, turning your head down with your eyes shut tightly.

"Who do you think you a-" the guy's voice started but was cut off, followed by complete, deafening silence.

Good grief. You can open them now. you

*

When you had opened your eyes, the men were gone without a trace.
Saiki walked you home, neither of you spoke of the events that had just occurred. It wasn't silence for him though, he could hear your every thought and was replying to your frantic questions in his own head.

Why is he here?
Because you could die at any moment.
What did he do to those men?
You don't need to know. (I teleported them to their worst nightmares until they were shaking from fear. They know now that if they ever do that again to anyone, I would keep them there forever.)
Did he save me because, maybe, he liked me?
No.
No, that's obviously off.

"Well, this is me," you said politely as you stopped to face him in front of your house. "Thank you for dropping me off and, well, saving me." He replied with a simple hum as a yes. As you turned around making your way into your house, you teased;
Simple and straightforward as always. I might actually fall for him. You giggled, playing with words you would never be able to speak out loud. Too scared, too afraid, too scared of ruining the very little connection you had with him, too afraid of rejection.

His eyes widened slightly as you caught him off guard.
Unfortunately, I don't feel attraction. I'm a psychic. He tried to convince himself.

He stood outside just to make sure you had reached your earrings. Mikoto had communicated to Saiki on your walk home that the earrings were in fact protecting you from the dangers you so often faced.