12| Carpool

This chapter is dedicated to @Amharyllis for the votes and comments!! Thank you so much for the follow and for adding my book to your reading list!! It means a lot to me. You made my day! This chapter is for you❤❤

-:Cecelia's POV:-

Our mutual silence was disrupted by the urgent whispers in the Packhouse. We looked at each other once before we quickened our pace and made our way to my father's office. I didn't know why, but it felt like most eyes were on us. Then I realized maybe that was because Julian was a stranger to them. We probably shouldn't have skipped the introductory dinner.

We knocked and for a second I thought dad wouldn't let us in. Then the door opened and we quickly filed in.

"What's going on?" I questioned, taking in the tense atmosphere and pale faces. Beta Carson, Aaron, mom, dad's Gamma, Craig, and the head Pack Warrior, Wesley all were there.

"Everything is fine," my father said before anyone else could. I narrowed my eyes at him. Why did he have to hide things from me? Why did he have to lie?

"Are you sure?" I asked, holding back from snapping. I still hadn't cooled down from the Ashton episode.

"Are you challenging me?" He quirked an eyebrow and leaned forward on his desk. Julian immediately grabbed the crook of my elbow, sensing my simmering temper. I turned to glare at him but he gave me a warning look, shaking his head subtly.

"No," I finally huffed, turning back around to face dad. He nodded, satisfied, and leaned back again. The tension in the room reduced.

"Now, leave." He said.

"Excuse me?" I asked incredulously. He scowled.

"I don't like repeating myself, Cecelia."

"Is this meeting about Tasha or not?" I asked.

"It is," he responded.

"Then I am staying," I said firmly. Apparently, I wasn't firm enough.

"This meeting is for rank holders only," he told me.

"I am the Alpha's daughter!" I exclaimed. "I don't need a rank to have a say in the pack affairs!"

"You do if I say so. Now, leave," he accentuated each word separately. His Alpha command. Too bad it didn't work on me.

"B-" I began but a hand clapped on my mouth, muffling the rest of my words. I gave Julian my best I'll kill you look and glared at him with all my might. He seemed unconcerned. 

We'll see about that.

"Thank you, Julian," my father nodded. Julian nodded stiffly as he led us towards the door.

"You, stay," my father interrupted, looking at him.

"He can stay but I can't?!" I cried disbelievingly. My dad gave Julian a meaningful look, ignoring me. 

I fumed.

Why couldn't people prioritize me? Why couldn't they include me? Why couldn't they love me and accept me? Why the hell was I always excluded? Why did I have to be a stranger in my own household? 

Why?

What did I do wrong?

I looked at Julian too, waiting for his reply. It shocked me. 

He sighed, closed his eyes, and pinched the bridge of his nose. Then he gently pushed me out and shut the door behind me. I was so taken aback, I couldn't even react.