31| Qualified

-:Cecelia's PoV:-

Sera wanted to mark Ashton too. She didn't like other females watching her mate like he was a piece of meat. His mark had made her even more possessive. It was starting to mess with my head.

Shouldn't the mark have been helping? Reassure us that he was ours? I didn't like the feeling of insecurity. I despised it. It made me feel vulnerable.

To top it off, I had many things to worry about. The first one being my Heat. I was scared shitless. I was marked at the wrong time. The full moon was coming up soon. Four days from now. I definitely couldn't move in with Ashton till then. 

Second, I was supposed to meet Mrs. Summers. She was really interested in meeting her son's mate. I couldn't even blame her. It was a valid request. I had agreed, but I was a little anxious. 

Correction, I was a bundle of nerves.

Third, Vincent was still out there, so I was still in 'danger'. Yippee. Add an overbearingly protective mate in the mix and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. We had been fine, though. 

So far.

I was pretty sure one of us would snap soon.

The most I was allowed to travel was from the Packhouse to school and to the stream. It was getting a little annoying. Although I never used to travel elsewhere anyways, the official restraints were getting on my very last nerve. But still, I didn't change my mind about moving in with him. I just had to ask dad once.

I made my way upstairs to his home office on the fourth floor - the floor technically supposed to be for the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma's families only. I had ever been the rebellious bitch, so I resided on the second floor like the rest of the Pack members my age. Dad didn't like it. But when that's the condition you put forward in exchange for coming home, you manage to get your way regardless. 

The first floor was for the elders and the middle-aged. We had a few houses near the Packhouse, well inside the Pack perimeter. A few were empty because in this pack people were reluctant to leave the Packhouse. 

I'd spent most of my life living in Packhouses, but I wasn't too attached to them. I was open to a separate living space. In fact, I think I was ready to dive right in.

The entire floor was empty. I guessed no one was in a 'stay at home' mood. I walked to my father's office and knocked. Since the doors are soundproof, I had to risk looking like an idiot, knocking at a door that probably had no one on the other side.

'Cecelia, is that you?' Dad's voice entered my mind.

'Yeah,' I replied, blinking in surprise. 

'Come on in.'

I pushed the door open and faced my father.

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked, folding my hands across my chest.

"I could smell you. You don't come here often, others aren't allowed to without permission. It was an easy guess. Now. How can I help you?"

"Oh," I said, closing the door behind me and dropping into one of the guest chairs in front of his desk.

"I had a petition," I said nervously. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"A petition?" He repeated skeptically.

"Yeah . . . "

"What is it?" He narrowed his eyes at me, dropping the pen he was working with on the desk and shoving the papers he was reading away from him. He gave me his undivided attention. I gulped.