Bonus Chapter : Ice Cream & Pickles

Ashton's POV:-

Ce and I had just come home from our last semester at Stanford. Our classes had been long and taxing, but together we had pulled through. We had both turned out to be hard workers and workaholics. One would think that is the worst combination, but we worked so well. It wasn't smooth all the time. There were a lot of tears, breakdowns, and motivational talks.

They'd make some great stories one day.

No, we didn't survive on coffee and pizza. We had proper food. None of us was a huge fan of cooking so we'd take turns to make meals. We were in different courses so our timetables were different. We lived together in an apartment off-campus, so it was okay. We took care of each other and made sure that the other wouldn't over-exhaust themselves. We studied sincerely to graduate with honors. We partied from time to time, too. 

It was the best period of my whole fucking life so far.

"Hey, dad. You called?" I walked into his office at the Packhouse.

"Have a seat," he said, nodding.

"What's up?" I asked, putting my ankle up on my knee and leaning back in the chair.

"We need to talk," he sighed. Okay, so I wasn't there for a welcome back drinking party.

Noted.

"Okay?" I said unsurely. "Why so formal, though?"

"Because this is important."

"I'm listening," I said, intrigued.

He stared at me intensely for the longest time and I met his gaze unflinchingly.

"I think it's time you take your position as the Alpha of the pack," he finally said. 

I let that sink in. Alpha Ashton Summers. It had a nice ring to it. I'd be able to finally change a few things I'd always wanted to in the pack. I would be able to lead the pack. Cecelia without a doubt will be the greatest Luna the Pack could ask for. We would be able to make people happier. We already had a few plans ready to be put into action.

But.

I couldn't. Never once in all these years had I had a chance to sit with my mate and spend time with her without the continuous hovering of some type of a problem. Whether it be Vincent or college, we were always too busy to be a normal couple. And now that I was a seventy percent shareholder at our pack's company, I had that to worry about too. Add being a full-time alpha and I wouldn't have time for my family at all.

"I . . . can't," I breathed out.

"Excuse me?" Dad asked me, baffled. I didn't blame him. I'd always wanted to be an Alpha. I couldn't shut up about it when I was a teen.

But I wasn't a teen anymore. I was twenty-two. I had a mate I had to think of, not just myself.

"Because," I breathed in, trying to frame it right. "I think Cecelia might be pregnant."

He blinked.

"What do you mean you think?" He questioned. I ran my hand through my disheveled hair.

"Gut feeling," I answered.

"You have a gut feeling that your mate is pregnant?" He asked skeptically. Even a blind man could see the hope on his face. I kept myself from rolling my eyes.

"I'm not sure," I clarified. "But she has been acting weird. She's moodier and craves the strangest foods at the strangest times. She almost bit my head off last week when I said that eating ice cream with pickles at three in the morning is not normal. And she hates pickles."