21| Moody

This chapter is dedicated to @LailaMckisic! Thank you so much for adding my book to your reading list! You made me really happy!!❤❤

-:Cecelia's POV:-

I was gradually being let off the drugs I had been on. They started giving me more and more time off it until I was completely free of them by the end of the week. Unfortunately, I could never carry out my threat to Julian two days after the said declaration. But then again, a week in bed and after wolfsbane poisoning, I didn't think I'd be able to anytime soon.

And boy did that knowledge irritate me.

Nobody could find who pranked me, either. It could've been either one of our pack members, but we couldn't narrow it down to even a group of ten, let alone one person. It was enraging for me to not know who had played such a dangerous prank on me. It had almost cost me my life! It was a good thing Ashton was there to donate his blood that day.

Not to mention, the medicines were giving me withdrawal symptoms. My body had never reacted to drugs well before and that time was no exception. Actually, I put that period at the top of my worst encounter with drugs list. 

Yes, I had a list. What's it to you?

I was moody as fuck. I screamed, cried, and was so restless. Not being able to go out for a few more than a few minutes at a stretch was killing me. And that did not help the situation. Everyone was wary of me.

At one point, the doctors contemplated giving me more drugs to help my mood swings. My maniac laugh at the suggestion had them questioning my sanity and scurrying out of the room with horror-struck faces. 

The issue calmed down when they had a chat with the pack doctor at Evergreen. Apparently, Dr. Zeus and Julia had trouble believing my parents and Julian when they told them that I was behaving normally given my situation. 

No worries, it was all cleared up after one phone call. Not that it stopped them both from giving me side glances and weird looks every time they checked in on me.

Julian was taking every opportunity to taunt and jab at me, infuriating me more and more. I wished Liana was there so I could rant to her about him. She would have set him straight.

Speaking of Liana, we talked. So did my grandma and I. Tears were shed, voices were raised and accusations were hurled. I loved them, but that was a taxing day. Yes, my genius brain called them both on the same day. Safe to say, I was extremely crabby by the end of the second conversation. So much, that even Ashton and Julian were at a loss.

Ashton. So much to say about that asshole. He was being literally perfect. Perfect, I tell you. I'd cry and he'd wipe my tears. I'd shout and he'd listen silently. I'd be whiny and he'd soothe me. I'd throw a tantrum and he'd pamper me.

See? What does one even say to such a person?

Let me enlighten you: you scream at them that they're robotic and abnormal and that you hate them. Then you spend a few hours in guilt while they take it all quietly and then you cry and apologize.

And guess what? They accept your apology and forgive you with a kiss on the forehead. I mean, come on! He made me look like an absolute bitch.

Not that I minded since I got a kiss every time. 

On the forehead. Geez, you guys.

The news about Ashton and me being mates had gotten out quickly. To be fair, it was inevitable. The way he was over every day, missing school along with me, and had been spotted with me taking strolls more than once through our territory. We were practically joined at the hip.