Part 72 - Confrontation

Long Chapter Ahead. 🤗

Part 72

THIRD PERSON POV

The night was a very long and difficult for Maya who could not really sleep at all thinking about how she was about to confront her husband about why she's been behaving so oddly and avoiding the poor chap. Nicholas on the other hand who was able to sleep holding his woman, his peace so close after so many long tormenting hours, fell in a deep sleep without overthinking much knowing that the following day he was for sure going to get at the bottom of the matter.

As the sun rays made way for the upcoming day, Maya still laid in the bed as Nicholas snugged even closer to her making her feel warm and blessed at this moment that she almost forgot her tension and closed her eyes as she rested her head on her husband's.

The moment lasted for some time till the alarm in their phones went off. Maya who just fell asleep after a very long self debate was disturbed with the sound and in her sleep itself, her hands reached the phone and automatically switched it off then got back to sleep. Nicholas who also woke up at the alarm sound and knew his wife's normal reaction to the sound just smiled at her and got back to sleep for some few more minutes till the second alarm got off.

Soon enough the second alarm went off and the couple finally got up. Maya rushed to Brian's room to wake the kid for school as she told Nicholas to get ready for work in an attempt to postpone the well awaited confrontation.

But Nicholas also knowing his wife very clearly said before he went in the washroom ;
" Okay.. Very fine..
You wanna do it this way.. Fine..
But I want to know what's going on.... Today itself..!!

When I'll return home today, you will tell me what's wrong coz I cant take this stress any more!! Or we'll do it my way.."

After having breakfast, the guys left for work while Maya and Gracy went to drop Brian at his school. But instead of returning back to the villa, Gracy who now knew about Maya's take on what she did decided to help her sister out. Hence to calm her down, Gracy took Maya to the shopping mall saying that she has things to buy.

FEW HOURS LATER
THE MALL

As the two sisters entered the mall, Maya and Gracy who were actually out together like two normal people without their husbands after a very long time period had a lot of fun as they roamed around and Gracy brought up some of their past memories as an attempt to start a conversation. Right now both the girls sat on a nearby bench as they ate the ice-creams that they got themselves as treats while they continued chatting.

" And do you remember the one time when I accidentally went into the gents toilet while looking for signal on my phone?? "
Gracy reminds Maya of one of the funny incidents that happened with them before they got married.

As that memory refreshes in Maya's mind, she replies with a laugh;
" Off course....
How can I ever forget that..!!

You were the one at fault yet you behaved and scolded them as if they were at fault for not stopping you from going in there..

I thought you would be so embarrassed but....
You were even more confident than the poor guys in there "

" Well to be frank....
I was very much embarrassed and nervous but I was just not willing to let them know that bit..

So I buckled up and pretended as if I was right..
Period... "
Gracy confesses this bit.

" Well I already know that "
Maya also adds on.