Chapter 22

Jax Anders

Feeling Azalea lay fast asleep in my arms was probably the most comforting and surreal feeling I have ever felt.

I look at her rosy cheeks and her small nose. Uneven breaths escape her mouth. I smile softly at her sleeping state.

What she told me must of took her a lot and I appreciate her so much more for telling me.

I wasn't going to force her to tell me or anything but knowing that she chose to means so much more.

As she lays, snuggled into my chest and my arm wrapped tightly round her waist I still feel the anger bubbling inside of me.

I tried to keep calm for Azaleas sake when she was telling me about her piece of shit father but fuck I can't wait to go and punch something.

A quiet knock on the door makes me lift my head from staring blatantly at Azalea's sleeping figure.

Aster is stood there with a handful of clothes in his hands which look to be Azaleas. I give him an awkward nod seems as the position I am currently in with his sister isn't the best.

He lays the clothes on the windowsill and then sits in one of the vacant chairs. "So I'm guessing your Jax?" He asks.

I just nod not sure of what to say. "Listen, I can tell you care about her a lot but please don't hurt her she's been through a lot in her life. I don't think she has probably told you" he says the last bit quieter but I heard.

"Yes she told me about an hour ago. I want you to know that I would never intentionally hurt your sister, and if I do just know it's because of me being the fucked up person I am"

He looks at me with a blank face and a small part of me wants his approval quite badly. His stare turns into a smile and he nods his head appreciatively.

"Ok I appreciate your honesty. Fuckin hell that wasn't in my nature to act like a dad scaring off his daughters boyfriend but damn I feel kind of entitled right now" Aster says looking rather proud.

I laugh but slowly feel blush reach my cheeks once I notice he said boyfriend not friend. "eeerm I'm not her boyfriend" I say awkwardly.

He furrows his brows at me and I just roll my lips between my teeth. Azalea shuffles next to me and a small sigh escapes her mouth as she snuggles closer into me, her brows furrowed.

I smile softly at her and slowly stroke her cheek watching the line between her eyebrows disappear.

I look back up at Aster to see him looking between me and Azalea softly, a warm look in his eyes. "I'm glad she has you Jax" he says honestly.

"I am glad she has you too Aster. Without you god knows what else could of happened to her" he flinched slightly probably thinking of terrible things.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to be insensitive. I just meant that I'm glad she has you to be there for her" I say trying to word my words correctly.

He nods his head in understanding and he begins asking about my car that he saw once when I dropped Azalea off.

An hour or so passes, and me and Aster are a lot more relaxed with each other which is great because I was sweating fucking buckets at first.

Fuck knows why.

Azalea stretches next to me and wriggles out of my hold to sit up. She yawns loudly and I chuckle.

She glares at me playfully and I just smile. She gets up out of the bed and rushes over to her brother and gives him a hug which he returns tightly.