Track 9: Life is a Highway

Sammy and I met up to check out apartments. We ruled out her apartment complex in Arlington just because it was too far out for me. Dallas and Fort Worth are the major cities. A lot of smaller cities and suburbs comprise the rest of the Metroplex. Arlington is a city close to Fort Worth. Sammy and I both work in Dallas and I really don't want to be that far from my friends and family. Trevor and Cam both live in Plano, a city close to Dallas; Rocky's house is in North Dallas; and Ethan lives in Carrollton, a suburb of Dallas. We decided to look for apartments closer to Dallas instead.

We narrowed it down to the city of Addison. It was right in the middle of everyone. It's a cool city that has a little bit of everything. Upscale shopping and living, and a great night life scene; but it also has parks and beautiful residential communities. I think it was a perfect location for us, and thankfully, Sammy agreed.

The first apartments we looked at are luxurious apartments in Addison Circle. Most the festivals and events that happen in Addison take place in Addison Circle. The complex itself is surrounded by office spaces, small businesses, and shops. The amenities are out of this world. Renting the apartment comes with full access to 2 fitness centers, resort style pools, a private theater, and a game loft. It was expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. The apartment itself was awesome. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an upgraded kitchen. They have a waiting list but assured us they should have apartments available in October. The second one we ruled out. It's nice, but tiny. The one that was available only has 1.5 bathrooms. Neither one of us wants to compromise on that and there are no washer/dryer connections. That was not a problem for Sammy. She doesn't have a washer and dryer anyway, but I was used to being able to wash at home. I planned to buy a washer and a dryer for wherever we moved to.

The 3rd is a townhome located near a city park. For the same price of the first apartment, we get a two story apartment, both bedrooms on the top floor (with their own bathrooms!), with 2 living areas, a large patio, a fireplace and a two car garage; and full size washer/dryer connections! It doesn't have the same amenities as the first apartment, but it has a pool with a sun deck, tennis courts, and picnic and bbq areas. I was in love with it. I thought it was perfect. The only thing that gave me pause was the bedrooms being so close together. I remembered Rocky's comment about looking forward to hearing Sammy have sex. I guess that's what ear plugs are for.

Sammy likes the amenities and the location of the first one better. The leasing agent informs us that the townhome will be ready first thing in July and they have a tendency to rent fast. That sold it for Sammy. She doesn't want to wait until October. We go ahead and fill out an application.

------------------------------------

After that, I went home. I was surprised to see Brandon, Rocky and EJ playing outside. Apparently, Megan had an appointment, so Brandon was babysitting until Ethan came to pick him up. I went inside, changed my clothes, and joined them outside with a cut up watermelon. I set it on the patio table. EJ came running over and inhaled a piece before asking for another. After he devoured that one, he ran back to grab the football. We all watched him in amazement.

"If anyone ever questions his blackness because of his skin tone, just put a watermelon in front of him..." Brandon joked.

Rocky and I laughed. We all continued to play catch with the football. Brandon threw a long pass to EJ. He caught it and ran to the fence.

"All right! Touchdown!!!" We cheered for him.

"Oh yeah!!" EJ celebrated, throwing down the football and shaking his shoulders in a wild dance.

"That's right homie. Shake 'em off." Brandon laughed at him, joining in the dance.

"That's horrible!" Rocky laughed.