Track 19: Bailando

Bailando by Enrique Iglesias

Jake and I made plans to have our first official date at the end of the week. I kept busy at work getting caught up on appointments I missed on my day off. By the time I got off work Friday, I was so ready for our date but I had no idea what I was going to wear. I tried to get hints from Jake on where we were going, but he wasn't telling. I would normally borrow something from Sammy, but that felt super wrong for my first date with Jake. I was in such a rush to get home and figure out what I was going to wear, I didn't even notice Rocky pulling up outside my townhome. I was startled when I heard her call my name.

I walked towards her car.

"Lily, can we talk?" She asked, turning off her vehicle.

"I can't. I'm busy. I have to get ready to go. Jake is taking me out. I have no idea what to wear." I said, blowing her off.

"I can help you get ready." Rocky offered.

I could use her help, especially since I didn't want Sammy's help. Besides, Rocky could talk all she wanted to, I wasn't ready to talk to her yet. That's why I avoided her all week. Trevor hadn't reached out besides the text he sent when I was in California asking me to give him a call. No apology or follow up. I wasn't surprised nor disappointed. It seemed like I was the only one trying in our relationship recently.

"Fine." I said, turning to head into my apartment.

She followed me in. Sammy was in the kitchen cooking and talking on the phone. I waved at her before heading up the stairs.

"Any idea where Jake is taking me?" I asked Rocky.

"No, but I can find out." Rocky volunteered.

"Cool. I'm gonna hop in the shower."

When I came back, Rocky already had an option on the bed for me. A royal blue chiffon high waisted high low skirt, a nude midi length crop top, with my nude wedges. Bianca picked out the skirt for me, but I normally paired it with a black lace top.

 Bianca picked out the skirt for me, but I normally paired it with a black lace top

"Is that dressy enough?" I asked. Only a sliver of my stomach would actually show, but I didn't wanna look out of place.

"It's perfect. We can dress it up with some gold jewelry and curl your hair. Come sit." Rocky instructed. While she curled my hair, I worked on my make-up. When we had a rhythm going, I began talking.

"So, where did Brandon say we were going?" I asked.

"He didn't. He really is staying out of this. I called Jake." She corrected me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He was hanging around the house all weekend, pretending to play video games with Brandon, but he kept asking about you. I told him he better tell me where he was taking you or I'd tell you what a stalker he was being." Rocky grinned.