Track 10: I'd Rather Go Blind

I spent the next hour that Friday night going over the possible scenarios to why Ethan and Karen, the overeager soccer mom that had a son on EJ's team, would be out- Together- Taking pictures!

Maybe he ran into her randomly.

...Maybe he wants to fuck her randomly!

Maybe they were at a team meeting.

...Maybe they were at a pre-fucking meeting!!

Maybe EJ and her son had a play date together.

...Maybe Ethan and Karen are together!!! FUCK!

Panicked, I looked through Karen's Facebook page. It offered no insight. I could only see a limited amount of post because she is not my friend on Facebook. I saw posts that tagged Ethan, a lot of soccer related stuff. Not surprising. Same shit on her Instagram. Karen acted like... well, your typical soccer mom at EJ's soccer game. The new picture she posted was the only thing not related to the boys. I can only see their faces, so I don't know if it's a close up or a selfie.

UGHHHHH I SWEAR I'M GONNA FUCKING SCREAM IF SHE TOOK A SELFIE WITH HIM!

I felt sick to my stomach thinking about every time I saw her touch him at the soccer game. Why was I so quick to write it off as being friendly? Was it intimate? Did he encourage it? Fuck. I spent too much energy on being upset with Rocky, I wasn't even paying attention. I got up and took a shot of Brandon's Crown. I took 2 more before I went back to bed. The drinks and the stress of the day finally caught up to me, because I finally was able to force myself asleep.

I woke up early Saturday morning, thanks to my nerves and full bladder. I really needed to talk to someone about this. I was desperate, but not desperate enough to wake Rocky up and risk her wrath. I know she was working on her attitude- not trying to cause her to relapse.

I throw on some jeans and a t-shirt and head to Chick-fil-A. After securing a couple chicken biscuits and coffees, I headed to the one person I knew who would hear me out and give me good advice. I banged on his door for a full minute before it finally opened.

"Lily?" Trevor asked, squinting and rubbing his eyes in the morning light. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I brought breakfast." I gestured to the bags.

He looked confused for a moment. "Um, thanks, but if you're fine, I'll catch up with you later..."

I shook my head. "No, Sleep later. I need to talk to yo-"

"Trevor??" A woman's voice called out, cutting off my words.

"Give me a sec." He called back to her.

A feeling of deja vu washed over me as I saw the scene play out in front of me. It wasn't the first time I interrupted Trevor with a girl, probably wouldn't be the last. I just had no idea he was dating anyone right now. He never mentioned it, or her, why was he hiding it from me? I quickly snapped out of it and shoved the food into his hand.

"Sorry for interrupting." I said, turning to flee down the stairs of his apartment.

"Lilypad, wait. You sure you're ok?" He asked.

"Yep. Nothing I can't handle. Bye T-Rev." I said, never turning around.

If I wasn't so freaked out by the picture of Ethan and Karen, I would be freaking out about the new girl Trevor was seeing. I would be pestering him for information about how he felt about her, but I was much more concerned about my potential love life then whatever going on in Trevor's.

I headed to Sammy's next. This time I called before knocking. I would hate to interrupt anyone else's morning after.

"Hello..." She answered.