Chapter 6❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

When uber dropped you off at your mom's wonton shop, you were exhausted. You hope your mother took a break from standing for the entire day. Even though she tragically lost the love of her life, your mother is so optimistic and full of life. She was leaving everything behind in America to return to her homeland and take over your late grandmother's shop. Your mother has been waiting for your father's estate to pay out for three years.

The estate continues to be a source of conflict among the Bolton family. Your father was a successful musician and a savvy investor. His songwriting and composing abilities brought in a lot of profit, but his ex-wife is still fighting over the will. He left everything to his devoted Korean wife and daughter, but just a tiny portion to his adulterous ex-wife and her self-centered daughter from her prior relationship.

You walk into the business and open the door.

When you opened the shop door, you noticed your mother's face light up at the sight of you. As she looked into your tired eyes, her brow furrowed. Finding a good job is nearly impossible, especially if you are considered a foreigner.

Your mother appears depressed as she recalls how you were uprooted from your home in the United States and relocated to your mother's home country to begin new life due to your dad's death and now your grandmother.

You don't want your mother to feel terrible. At the very least, you'll have a degree from one of South Korea's best universities. Her  American in-laws never fully acknowledged your foreign mother. But she loved your father and continued to be a wonderful wife for him, despite your biased grandmother's preference for your older "stepsister."

You hope that your mom's lawyers will win the case this time.