Chapter ~Eleven~

"I'm not like that." I said feeling a flush creep up my cheeks.

He laughed. "I know."

"Why would they call me that?"

He shifted uncomfortably. "Well, could be because you look cute. Doesn't mean you're gay, but maybe Jonah's the weirdo with a complex and limited vocabulary."

"But–"

"It's just a word. They call everyone they dislike fags." I nodded slowly. "So, if you're not gay, got any girls in mind?" He asked with a slight smile. But there was something strange in his eyes, as if he wanted me to answer no.

Then again, no was the truth. "I've never had time for relationships."

He blinked and asked, "You've never had a girlfriend?" I shook my head. Maybe I was imagining it, but he looked like he was smiling and about to laugh and my zero love life.

"Oh." Was all he said.

.~*~. RYDER .~*~.

Hell yeah. Alright boys, my chances aren't zero and that's enough for me.

All he does is work. He literally doesn't have time for a life. All because of his messed up situation. Maybe my chances are zero after all.

But, if he's never had a girlfriend, and never even thought about a girl in that way, i can at least see how he feels about me, as a person of course. Nothing more. "You know you just might be gay."

Aw, cute. He blushed. "I–no, I'm not." He stuttered.

"You sure?" I smirked. "Have you ever looked at a guy in that way?"

He shook his head, obviously embarrassed.

Well, time to find out.

.~*~. NATHAN .~*~.

He had this sly smile. I felt my face grow warm. Why was he looking at me as if I was amusing? What was he thinking?

Suddenly he leaned forward and I couldn't back up any further when I hit the backboard. He crawled over between my legs and brushed my cheek.

I jumped and tried to push him away. What was he doing?

I knew my face was red and my heartbeat became quick. I shrunk back as he leaned forward and rested his forehead against mine.

Mr. Steven was in the back of my mind and I shut my eyes, but Ryders hand cupped my face, and all I could think of was how warm the room got, and he said, "Are you sure you're not?" Not...? He brushed the hair out of my face and I winced at his cold touch. He paused and spoke, "Sorry. Listen, I'm not going to hurt you."

I believed him. Aren't you feeling relieved a little too quickly, Nathan?

He smirked as he pulled away, pulling me with him, and turned so we were lying down and not sitting against the headboard. He leaned down, and I couldn't manage anything other than a whimpered, "Stop."

So he did. He looked at me in the eye and smiled. He knew I said stop not because I didn't like it, but because I had no idea what was happening.

He went back and I pushed myself up. I placed a hand over my chest. My heart was going wild.

What the heck? "What was that?" I asked a little feverish.