Chapter ~Fifteen~

.:~* NATHAN *~:.

I think I did something wrong. Ryder seemed mad. After Marcus came back, from doing whatever Kristy needed his help with, Ryder did his best to control his speech and only talk about the project.

Marcus lived by Ryder, we were about to part ways and I turned to say bye, when Ryder walked ahead.

No bye? Thanks.

"Don't worry about him, his time of the month. Hey, we're going to the movies tomorrow since it's Saturday. You're coming right?"

"Sorry, busy." I answered immediately. Actually. I needed to go around looking for temporary jobs. The cafe was closed tomorrow.

"Doing what?"

"Um, work."

He smiled mischievously. "Where?"

"The cafe." I lied easily.

"You're a good liar. That's not a good thing. I know it's closed, that's why Kristy is coming. You're coming too, don't try to get out of it. I'm paying so don't worry. See you tomorrow then. Bye."

"Wai-"

"Bye!" He shouted again and ran off to catch up with Ryder.

But I don't want to waste my time at the...movies? I've never gone to the movies. Do people there have good pay?

-

-

"Nathan, I need to buy you new clothes, those are old." Kristy eyed my jeans and T-shirt. What was she talking about? They were still big on me!

"Whatever, let's get this over with." I grumbled. I didn't want to be here.

I didn't even know this town had a movie cinema. Apparently this was where people went on the weekends, either to the movies or arcade, then the food court.

Ryder and Marcus came together whereas Kristy came by and we walked together. She really did know where I lived, which is really disturbing.

I felt weird being surrounded by so much people. I was only wearing a long sleeve. I planned on wearing a huge sweater but Kristy made me take it off before we left, since it was hot.

I tugged on my sleeves and looked at the ground. Why did Marcus bring us to the movies? And why was Kristy here? They just met yesterday!

"Hey!" Marcus waved as they approached. I found myself looking at Ryder, who dressed casually but still managed to look...I shook my head fiercely. No. Bad Nathan.

Was he feeling better? I wonder why he was mad yesterday. He looks better, but he didn't acknowledge us yet. Maybe he didn't want to be here as much as I. I wouldn't have minded if we had tutoring today. At least we'd be at the house and comfortable.

"So, what were we going to see?" I asked.

"Chic-flick." Marcus responded.

Ryder made a disgusted face, "What? Seriously? Why am I here then?"

He began walking away but Marcus grabbed his collar and hauled him back. "Come on, Kristy wants to see it."

Ryder looked at her. "Why are you here?"

She pouted. "I'm Nathan's best friend. I go where I want."

Ryder shook his head. "I'm not sitting through an hour of watching a messed up couple getting more messed up before one of them dies, then the best friend steals the girl."