༒𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑐ℎ𝑜༒

➪𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒---------------------------------—Ares POV—

---------------------------------
—Ares POV—

I was lying down against a tree, as far away from the tent Y/n and I set up as I could get, whilst throwing a knife. Why would I let that bastard son of a bitch take her. Take the only thing I actually cared about away. I blamed myself for this, for all of it. Y/n would say it's not my fault, to not blame myself, but she wasn't here to tell me, to make me hear it.

"Ares, can I sit?" It was Killian, Y/n's father. I moved to the side of the tree for him to sit next to me. He sat against the hard bark with a grunt.

"We're going to find her, you know?" He said, taking a sip of rum.

"I know." I said, throwing the knife again.

"You know," He started, "I never told you how happy I am for you and my daughter."

"What?" I gasped, turning to look at me. He swiftly pointed his chin at me before continuing.

"You're good for Y/n and for the short while you were together and... not arguing," He chuckled. "I saw how she looked at you. My daughter loves you, even if she's not ready to admit it." He looked at me with the most sincere eyes anyone ever could. I suddenly felt a form of acceptance from her father.

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

"Rum?" He offered, holding the bottle towards me.

"I don't drink." I pushed it back.

"Eh," He smirked and shoved it into my hands. I laughed before tasting the drink, it burned my throat and immediately spat it out with a cough, he laughed in amusement and as soon as I was done coughing, I joined in the laughter.

———

We all reached the entrance of the Echo Caves, the place where Baelfire was supposedly being held captive. The caves were dark and gloomy, I felt overexposed in the open space.

A wooden cage lay across the cave, the only problem was that there was about a 300ft drop between where we were and there.
"Emma!" The cage or rather, the man in the cage—Neal—shouted, an echo followed.

"Neal," she sighed, almost as if she was disappointed.

"It must be 100 feet across." Snow assumed.

"Even if we fashion some sort of rope, there's nothing to attach it to. No way to swing over." David observed.

"So what do we do?" Emma asked.