02

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

and trust me, the reason i'm about to tell you will sound really, really stupid.

for as long as i could remember, i was always intrigued in figure skating ever since i saw yuzuru hanyu for the first time on the tv.

it was when he got injured, but he continued on with his performance despite his head getting hit. that's how i started really admiring him. he was very cool to me.

i asked my mom to put me into figure skating, she was very overprotective and nervous that i might get hurt. i don't know why, i guess the blades scared her.

but when i asked my dad, he totally supported me. he even searched up figure skating videos to watch all day for me.

i loved my dad so much.

and of course, i loved my mom as well.

although, we started with ballet first since it was quite similar to figure skating. the moves and spins were kind of similar so i got used to it.

and once my mother finally saw how committed i was to figure skating, she enrolled me to real lessons.

that's when it all started.

as i first got into my first lesson, i skated to my coach confidently. i've skated before and i easily glided every time. in all honesty, i thought i'd be best in class.

and i was wrong, but i still had fun. i was having so much fun skating because i loved it.

that was until our coach introduced me to park sunghoon. earlier on that day, i was watching the advanced skaters doing all their turns and spins in the rink since i came much earlier than i intended.

park sunghoon looked really graceful to me. i saw how he fell and picked himself up so easily, just like yuzuru. all skaters managed to do that, but when i saw him, he looked just like the person i saw on tv. although a bit different of course.

now that i think of it, i wouldn't blame anyone for being easily attracted to him. he gave off energy that looked comforting, like you wanted to be near him.

oh god was i wrong.

"say hello to sunghoon, he's a great skater for his age. he'll help you whenever you need it? right, park?" my coach said.

the boy nodded rapidly, "yup!" he said excitedly. he was a bit quiet but still cheerful.

i didn't know why we were being introduced one on one instead of introducing him to the rest of the kids on my level, maybe it was 'cause i got enrolled here later than the rest of the kids in my class.